What's new

Nominees for best NEW release, soap/cream, of 2021?

Don’t know if this is a thing here already (and if it is feel free to ignore), but, with the end of the year in sight, just wanted to start a thread on what we believe to be the best NEW release, in either soap or cream, of 2021.

I’ll start it off - for me, hands down, no question, it has to be Spearhead Shaving Company’s “Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime.” 🏆👏🏼

I purchased a whole tub, full price, scent unsmelled (?), based on the rave recommendation of a You Tube influencer I respect, and I did not regret my decision at all.

Although a bit pricey, the scent of “SSL,” a blend of “barbershop,” lime, spice, and “je ne sais quoi,” is so INTOXICATING, that I’ve purposely avoided using it that often, in order to make it last that much longer. I haven’t felt that way about another soap/cream this year. 😍

How ‘bout you, gents? What NEW release do you feel deserves to be nominated best NEW release of 2021? 🤔🥇☝🏻

Last edited:
I don't know about new stuff since I'm not attuned to the new releases, but two of the biggest losses to me are Palmolive stick and Floid Black.

Don’t know if this is a thing here already (and if it is feel free to ignore), but, with the end of the year in sight, just wanted to start a thread on what we believe to be the best NEW release, in either soap or cream, of 2021.

I’ll start it off - for me, hands down, no question, it has to be Spearhead Shaving Company’s “Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime.” 🏆👏🏼

I purchased a whole tub, full price, scent unsmelled (?), based on the rave recommendation of a You Tube influencer I respect, and I did not regret my decision at all.

Although a bit pricey, the scent of “SSL,” a blend of “barbershop,” lime, spice, and “je ne sais quoi,” is so INTOXICATING, that I’ve purposely avoided using it that often, in order to make it last that much longer. I haven’t felt that way about another soap/cream this year. 😍

How ‘bout you, gents? What NEW release do you feel deserves to be nominated best NEW release of 2021? 🤔🥇☝🏻
I am with you on the Sea Spice Lime. I bought the soap, the toner and the EDT.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I believe Captain’s Choice Unscented shave soap was released this year. Very slick and pleasant.

Other mention is ARKO! because it’s always right now and nothing’s newer than right now.

I have not been around long enough in this scene to make my opinion worth much, but I will back anyone up on Seaforth's Sea Spice Lime. I used up a soap sample and want a full tub for next summer, and I use a bottle of toner on occasion just because it's wonderfully refreshing and effective.

I believe Captain’s Choice Unscented shave soap was released this year. Very slick and pleasant.

Other mention is ARKO! because it’s always right now and nothing’s newer than right now.
“Arko?” 😳

So, I guess the concept of “NEW” release escaped you? 🙄😆

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Voting for Wet The Face's new tallow-based soaps. I used The Quiet Man and was really surprised at how easy it was to lather and the slickness of it. Excellent product.

Last edited:
Voting for Wet The Face's new tallow-based soaps. I used The Quiet Man and was really surprised at how easy it was to lather and the slickness of it. Excellent product.
First time I’ve heard of it. 🤔

Is it sold stateside?

Yes, they have their own website. Producer is out of Long Island, New York.
Talk about “artisanal!” 😉

Just when you thought you knew all the “players” in the market.

Good to know!

All we need now are some REVIEWS! 😉

Maybe HC&C with their unscented soaps which you can combine with their sold separately fragrances. A nice concept and a budget friendly way to experience a good soap base & a lot of different scents and which you can make as strong scented as you like.

Only acquired a few new scents Stirling campania is the winner. I'd almost like to see a partial or full list of all the 2021 artisan releases, not including rereleases. B&M Fougere angelique would probably win that category...

I too, vote for Spearhead Shaving Company’s “Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime as best new soap for 2021. It is at the top of my favorite scents list. The aftershave and EDT are both fantastic as well. I describe it as getting hit in the face with a tropical lime ocean wave, and I agree that it is truly "Intoxicating"! There is nothing else like it on the market.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Yes, but only for right now. As soon as it stops being right now, some less-than ARKO! soap might take the crown. Williams?

I suppose the new Barrister & Mann omnibus soap base or anything Ethos released must be contenders. But, personally, I have way too much old stuff to get through to consider checking out new stuff.
Ditto on B&M’s Omnibus base! I have hard water, have used this base 3 times now and every time yielded a more slick and protective shave than any other elite base I’ve tried. Biggest game changer for me this year. Compared to Lothur V2, Siero, K2E, Milksteak etc.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Another vote for Barrister & Mann Omnibus. I have Leviathan and Gothique. They both shave the same, which is amazingly slick and protective. The slickness and cushion are levels above anything that has come before. But Leviathan is simply one of the best scents I have ever used in a soap. I have dozens of tubs of soap from all makers, and I cant bring myself to use many of them any more. Omnibus has raised the bar so incredibly high, that soaps I thought were great 3 months ago are now unusable. It is a real game changer for me. The only reason I dont have more Omnibus soaps is that Excelsior and Soft Heart were already near the top of the heap for me, and I have a bunch of soaps with those bases too. Excelsior and Soft Heart soaps still hold up to the Omnibus. But for sure, I will not be ordering any more of the left overs in the old bases, as the Omnibus is truly superior.

Top Bottom