What's new

GIVEAWAY! Christmas contest!!!

360_F_181293712_PpN8cNvu0ib1gSNlIgiwQoSY2gPQQDWg.jpg

We are going to run this a bit earlier so the winners - wait, winners? - yes winners plural will have time to get their gift from The Captain. There will be three winners chosen by random.org after just a few days. This is CONUS only please. Each winner will have a $50.00 credit to buy anything he likes in our store. We have things for you and items that you can get for gifts for others. Win/win!

We have just released our new scuttle and Mariner's Mug which have both been a hit with customers. And Obsidian, classy Obsidian - telling you about it would only detract from its elegance. OH, you thought you knew what a Treasure Chest was? Ha! Check out our version from Captain's Choice. In fact, check them all out here: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all
IMG_5859.jpg
IMG_5839.jpg
IMG_5353.jpg
IMG_5601.jpg

So how do you enter? You don't need to say whether you are in or not. Just answer this:

What does Christmas mean to you?

Check back in just a few days to see if you won. Whether you did or not keep Captain's Choice in mind for the holiday as well as all of 2022. We are grateful for the support you all show for our small business. It has been a challenge this past two years and we do appreciate your patronage.

Merry Christmas,

~ The Captain

Other than religion, Christmas is a time when most families travel from near and far to get together and share their time, food and gifts. The most valuable, time. That time together creates priceless unforgettable memories.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not in, buy I will say being able to help people in my life is the greatest feeling I've ever had. Seeing those I love and being together are the greatest gift of all.

Oh, and I will say I have a mug in the gun metal. It is a top notch look and has a slight texture to it. It makes holding the mug easy.

Christmas is the commemoration of the birth of Christ. But from a purely Christian perspective, Easter is a more important holiday as it celebrates Christ's ultimate triumph over death. Christmas, OTOH, is a celebration of the the coming of God made flesh. Yet, without His sacrifice and (most importantly) His resurrection, Christ's birth would amount to little more than the birth of John the Baptist--largely forgotten.

Of course, Christmas isn't merely a religious holiday. It so much more than that. There's also family and friends getting together. Yet, even that's not enough. There's the abundance of Christmas movies, the playing/singing of Christmas carols, and the plentiful decorations. Yet, as much as I enjoy these Christmas traditions, they're not even what really speak to me about Christmas.

No, that would be the sense of generosity and bonhomie in the air during the holiday season. The rest of the year, people tend to be kind of discourteous (or at least curt) toward strangers. During the Christmas season, that's replaced by The Holiday Spirit, full of kindness and goodwill toward men. This always fills me with the hope that we can all make this a better world.

In any case, this is another wonderful PIF by @Captain Pre-Capsize. Thank you for the chances to participate, and even more for letting me share what Christmas means to me and what I love about it.

Not in for the very generous PIF, but I thought I'd give my perspective.

Christmas is enjoyed for a plethora of reasons by many, perhaps most, but not everyone likes Christmas.

I find the whole thing mentally exhausting. The constant bombardment of faux jollity and obnoxious music is annoying to me. I just generally grin and bear it so as not to be a downer to the majority who like it.

Anyway, good luck to all and merry Christmas.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Not in,

Canada and have been on the other end of generousity from Scott, this is a wonderful Pif, thank you.

I'm in.

To me, Christmas simply means peace. Whether celebrating the birth of my savior or decorating with evergreen to bring life into an otherwise dead season. The craziness of the holidays is mostly fleeting and is very quickly replaced with the loving quiet stillness of soul that I get at this time of year.

I'm also a big fan of classical holiday music with symphony, choir, and even some opera, which really helps tame the crazies.

Not in on this one as the Captain has already been too generous to me this year.

Being a Buddhist and attending an all boys Catholic High School, my classmates always wondered why Christmas was so meaningful to me. I told them that it was because all religions had a savior, and just because mine was the Buddha, it did not mean that I was not happy to celebrate the birth of Their savior Jesus. It was important to me that everyone had a higher being to look up to, to keep in their hearts, and to follow their teachings.

Over the years I was saddened to see where Christmas became more about excess and getting the newest and greatest presents, but maybe the virus and the dock delivery mess had a real purpose this year of showing us all what is important during Christmas, and that is remembering people in your hearts and being good to one another.

Love, happiness, music, the joy of giving gifts (and the stress of shopping for said gifts), time with family. Especially time with family.

And I can’t forget mimosas, Mrs. T-Bone’s cinnamon rolls, and Christmas ham.

Christmas means getting together with family I haven't seen in a while. We eat, swap stories, and watch the kids open presents.
We have a tradition where the best child archer wins a prize, typically a $100 gift card.

Mini Zig (my daughter) won't be able to attend this year, so we're going to have her on a video call. Lady Zig has already start to decorate, and it's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas.

Not in as i'm in the UK but I wanted to say I have just seen the obsidian copper bowl and fell in love. I have the copper bowl already but i want this one as well. I will enjoy a day off on Christmas day with my wife and daughter. As a nurse its going to be lovely as I worked a night shift last Christmas.

View attachment 1372430

We are going to run this a bit earlier so the winners - wait, winners? - yes winners plural will have time to get their gift from The Captain. There will be three winners chosen by random.org after just a few days. This is CONUS only please. Each winner will have a $50.00 credit to buy anything he likes in our store. We have things for you and items that you can get for gifts for others. Win/win!

We have just released our new scuttle and Mariner's Mug which have both been a hit with customers. And Obsidian, classy Obsidian - telling you about it would only detract from its elegance. OH, you thought you knew what a Treasure Chest was? Ha! Check out our version from Captain's Choice. In fact, check them all out here: All Products — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all
View attachment 1372444View attachment 1372445View attachment 1372447View attachment 1372454

So how do you enter? You don't need to say whether you are in or not. Just answer this:

What does Christmas mean to you?

Check back in just a few days to see if you won. Whether you did or not keep Captain's Choice in mind for the holiday as well as all of 2022. We are grateful for the support you all show for our small business. It has been a challenge this past two years and we do appreciate your patronage.

Merry Christmas,

~ The Captain
What an amazing PIF! I’m not in but for me Christmas is a special time with family and friends.

It means many things. I was born on Christmas. So I hear “Oh, a Christmas baby!” Every single time that I’m asked for my birthdate. Every single time for my entire life.
Hey, that beats the reminder JFK died on your birthday.

Christmas first and foremost is about the love of God for each one of us. The Son of God condescended Himself and became one of us (God became a man!) to teach us and to leave us a Church so that people of all time could learn about Him, His Gospel message, and become adopted children of God—quite literally—through the sacrament of baptism, and participate in the New Covenant. All this so that we wouldn’t have to suffer eternally. “God is love” (1 John 4:8).

Advent is the four weeks leading up to Christmas, a time to slow down and prepare to celebrate the birthday of Jesus and prepare for His return. No need to participate in the hustle and bustle of malls and Black Friday pre-dawn sales.

It’s a lovely time of year, and the only time when the whole family gathers for food, presents for the young’uns, and conversation.

Top Bottom