What's new

Just got a telling off from my wife!

Today I am taking my wife out for a meal and for some Christmas shopping. I asked her ‘Please may I visit that shaving shop’ and she just had a go at me! Saying ‘Every time you take me out we get dragged into that shaving shop!’ It’s no different to her dragging me into Primark or M&S! Not that it matters; I love her so dearly she always comes first, not the shaving shop!

Jason.

A couple of years ago, I went to the Maggard shave meet in Adrian Michigan. We arrived a day early so we could visit the store before it was mobbed by the 200+ shavers. My wife enjoyed looking around the store almost as much as I did. She stayed in the hotel room and read a book during the shave meet, however. The store is a wonderful old storefront restored by Brad and his wife, who live on the second floor of the shop. If you are ever in Southern Michigan, be sure to visit.

My wife does have her rules, however. I ordered a couple of Grooming Dept soaps. Due to some delays in shipping, they did not arrive until mid-November. My wife confiscated the package and won't let me use the soaps until Christmas morning. Some sacrifices are necessary in the spirit of marital harmony.

Luckily there are no shaving retailers near me and I order everything online. 😜

I am going to the mall tonight with my wife and 9 year old daughter and I will me smiling (fake) the entire time. Sometimes ya just have to suck it up!

Happy wife, happy life indeed.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
"Honey, I was in the shaving shop and it occurred to me that you've been patient with my new hobby. Shopping there made me think of how wonderful you are to me, so I brought you these."

BF116-11KM_R.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
"Honey, I was in the shaving shop and it occurred to me that you've been patient with my new hobby. Shopping there made me think of how wonderful you are to me, so I brought you these."

View attachment 1371609
Blimey! I thought I had all the patter but that is some quality material, I will use that and pass it off as my own 😆

Top Bottom