What's new

New DE blade from Phoenix Shaving?

It's only a matter of time before someone realises that you can sell more blades via packaging. Every year (or more often) you issue new packaging art for the same blades, forcing people to collect that edition before it sells out. The blades have to be decent enough for people to want to accumulate them, but it is the box art that drives the sales...

Imagine the above blades with Robbie the Robot and Dr Zachary Smith on the box.
They already do. See the other thread that's been bumped yesterday.

Because nothing they have said in the past was true either.
pinn.jpg

Well two things are abundantly clear with anything PAA...
They make great products be that brushes, razors, soaps and splashes etc.

He is insane... But do you really want someone sane designing your shaving gear?

The only thing that i've bought from them is a Red Tip handle copy. I think they are going a bit too far with all the monsters, aliens and other stuff that they put on their products, but at least it's different.

Hmm. I'm surprised by the amount of negativity in this thread. The man claims to have been planning this for a long time and was afforded an opportunity to make something happen during the pandemic. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. Perhaps there are some that just don't like PAA and the way they do business but I'm not one of them. I ordered 100 and am willing to try them on their own merit, regardless of what the packaging looks like.

It's supposed to mimick the feel of a Voskhod crossed with a Feather.
Just curious, where did you hear this?

I have no reason to doubt his sincerity.
Unfortunately you answered your own question about the negativity. People have reason to doubt his sincerity, I myself am trying to walk on egg shells so to speak. It doesn't mean we won't try the blades and judge them accordingly, then figure out where he got them.

His own website lists the goal as a Voskhod/Feather hybrid.

Unfortunately you answered your own question about the negativity. People have reason to doubt his sincerity, I myself am trying to walk on egg shells so to speak. It doesn't mean we won't try the blades and judge them accordingly, then figure out where he got them.

I guess I'm new enough not to understand what you mean and it seems like perhaps that is for the best. I think deciding for ourselves seems to be the most reasonable thing to do. As many have previously said and, especially when it comes to blades, YMMV.

I guess I'm new enough not to understand what you mean and it seems like perhaps that is for the best. I think deciding for ourselves seems to be the most reasonable thing to do. As many have previously said and, especially when it comes to blades, YMMV.
Use what you like, try not to worry about other people. Anything involving them generally get's peoples dander up. I understand why, hence the egg shell comment, but I also understand that people like his product and/or style. You won't find an explanation on this forum as the moderators are trying to walk on egg shells as well!

That means Nacet. Cause that's what blade is. That's exactly how I would describe it. If the blade is that good then yay great product.

The character known as "Douglas Smythe" has publicly acknowledged past business practices. I respect his creativity and commitment to reviving/revisioning classic design elements in his razors, brushes, and other accoutrements. I admire his commitment to vegan principles. I am aware of the fine reputation of PAA soap scents and performance. Nevertheless, I have consciously resisted the temptation to purchase any PAA products. I suppose my stubbornness is keeping me from enjoying some fine products. During the past 12 months I have (over)acquired many years worth of excellent soaps/creams/brushes/blades. In fact, it gives me satisfaction to spend my hard-earned cash on early competitors' products.

Top Bottom