What's new

Seasonal beard

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I grow a full beard except for my lower neck for the Wisconsin archery season. We close up deer camp before the gun season so by mid November it comes off. By that time I’ve had enough of my beard and so has my wife. It’s not much fun shaving when all I’m going after is my lower neck and upper cheek bones. I never imagined I would enjoy shaving some day and miss my daily shave. 3EC87542-F7AC-4E63-8AF1-6A52FDF8B102.jpegI’ve aged since my thumbnail photo was taken.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I know the feeling. I do miss having a full beard sometimes, but I enjoy shaving more. I’ve found a compromise that works for me. Still shaving every day with a little something for the cold months ahead.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I normally sport a goatee mowed down to about 1/8 inch every other day. I wanted to shave that off under protest by my wife. I figured I’m missing more of the fun by not shaving my chin and under my nose. I’ve always been a wet shaver of sorts. ( gel and multi blade razors)
With all the DE blades and razors available what’s not to like? Not to mention all the soaps, aftershaves, balms and brushes to try.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Growing a Balbo beard over November as opposed to shaving my moustache and growing it again for Movember in Australia

I've been DE shaving since 2014. I have rarely skipped a shave in that time.
Recently I came down with Covid and I went a week, then shaved and then went another week without shaving.
I thought that I looked like a hobo.
I now have pneumonia, and I still don't feel like shaving but; I feel better after I do!
Now, I shave every few days. I'll be so glad when I can get back to normal.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've been DE shaving since 2014. I have rarely skipped a shave in that time.
Recently I came down with Covid and I went a week, then shaved and then went another week without shaving.
I thought that I looked like a hobo.
I now have pneumonia, and I still don't feel like shaving but; I feel better after I do!
Now, I shave every few days. I'll be so glad when I can get back to normal.
Brother, I pray you get well soon.

I had Covid in the late winter/early spring. Not fun. And right now is the first day in a week that I have not had a strong suspicion that I had pleurisy. Or chostocondritis again. Ugh.

My theory is that every time I am exposed to Covid my body kicks in the immune response, and I feel like garbage for a bit.

But a good friend is presently on a ventilator fighting for what life he will have after it's done. But short of a miracle, he's just waiting on God right now. Ugh.

So get better soon, @modyblu !

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I grow a full beard except for my lower neck for the Wisconsin archery season. We close up deer camp before the gun season so by mid November it comes off. By that time I’ve had enough of my beard and so has my wife. It’s not much fun shaving when all I’m going after is my lower neck and upper cheek bones. I never imagined I would enjoy shaving some day and miss my daily shave.View attachment 1357508I’ve aged since my thumbnail photo was taken.
If I looked that good with a beard I'd do one of two things:

Hunt deer year round, or become a Santa for rent.

Same here my friend. But since we are incredibly handsome, perhaps we are meant to be clean shaven?
Thanks for reminding me of that. I have to catch myself & be gracious with all the people stopping me to tell me how handsome I am. It is a burden we share, my friend!

Top Bottom