What's new

My Growing Vintage Gillette Collection!

Some of you may recall my post from a few weeks ago regarding my Gillette Fatboy & Slim. Since then I have been on the hunt for a good condition original case & blade tin for my Gillette Slim. As luck would have it a few weeks back I came across one & promptly ordered it. I particularly want a near mint condition example, which as we know are hard to find. This one is in great condition, it was advertised as a "Baseball World Series Edition", not sure if thats a thing or not? Any who the case is near mint so I thought I'd share some photos of my Slim with its new case. This set did come with a Slim razor too, a K1 in nickel, however this will need to be sent away for a tune up & re-plating in the future.
My vintage Gillette collection is coming along nicely now, I hope to continue to grow it this coming year :) Happy shaving Gents!
IMG-1977.jpg

IMG-1979.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

IMG-1997.jpg

IMG-1986.jpg
IMG-1987.jpg

IMG-1989.jpg

So what's next on the acquisition list?
I'm not sure tbh, maybe an aristocrat (the one piece turn to open job). Well if I'm honest my dream is a Gillette Toggle (isn't it everyones 🤠 lol) but they are too expensive for my liking haha. Or an aristocrat Fatboy in the Christmas edition case. Who knows, I'll keep my eye out!
Do you have any suggestions?

Both of those are simply gorgeous, even the plastic lids are very clear, have the razors been re-plated or did you buy them in that condition?

If re-plated where did you get it done?

Doug

I'm not sure tbh, maybe an aristocrat (the one piece turn to open job). Well if I'm honest my dream is a Gillette Toggle (isn't it everyones 🤠 lol) but they are too expensive for my liking haha. Or an aristocrat Fatboy in the Christmas edition case. Who knows, I'll keep my eye out!
Do you have any suggestions?
Idk what an aristocrat Fatboy is, but I've never met an aristocrat i didn't like.
Gillette used the aristocrat name so often, you can have a dozen or more totally different aristocrats. #58 comes to mind as my favorite, there's one in bst here now in the uk... proceed low enough that it's worth it to pay the shipping imo.
I've got about 100 Gillette's...idk where to tell you to start lol. Goodwill, psycho, tech tech tech... they're all wonderful.

Idk what an aristocrat Fatboy is, but I've never met an aristocrat i didn't like.
Gillette used the aristocrat name so often, you can have a dozen or more totally different aristocrats. #58 comes to mind as my favorite, there's one in bst here now in the uk... proceed low enough that it's worth it to pay the shipping imo.
I've got about 100 Gillette's...idk where to tell you to start lol. Goodwill, psycho, tech tech tech... they're all wonderful.
Maybe the Fatboy Aristocrat isn't a thing lol, I just assumed that is what the 24K plated Gold edition was called. Yes they did seem to use it often, just to make things confusing lol.
Sorry to sound dum but what is bst? The psycho razors look quite cool, I like the history behind them used in the prisons and the locking bolt with chain. Unfortunately there aren't many thrift stores in Switzerland (no such thing a a bargain in this country 🤣😭).

It's known as the Executive Fatboy (1958 to '60 or so). Knurling is a little different so it's not just a gold Fatboy.
Yeah, you'd like it!

proxy.php
Oh yes thats the one!!! My mistake you are indeed correct it is called the Executive! I would love one so much they are gorgeous. Once again super expensive for a good condition one. Thank you for the cool imagine too!

Both of those are simply gorgeous, even the plastic lids are very clear, have the razors been re-plated or did you buy them in that condition?

If re-plated where did you get it done?

Doug
Thank you for your kind comments Doug. Yes the cases are very clear which I love, I would not buy a damaged case. So the Fatboy is original nickel, never re-plated, but its in great condition. The Slim has been re-plated in rhodium, which was done by Razor Emporium. I also have an L4 Slim which is in original nickel, its good shape so I'll leave it as is.

There were special world series editions in the early 1950s, I have seen '54 and '53 versions of them but that was given away as part of the Super Speed. Without the booklet it doesn't mean much I'm afraid.

I love the way that case pops open!
That video was cool, I love those old time adverts, wish I'd of been around then I'd of bought all the Gillette gear possible haha. Yeah its cool how it pops open isn't it, I'm happy I got a blue coloured one as opposed to the normal white ones with gold or red inserts. I think the blue looks a bit cooler, must of looked quite futuristic at the time too.

Top Bottom