What's new

Ariana and Evans Kaisen 2e (with Emu oil)

Emu oil. That’s what I’ve been missing all these years. I wonder how one goes about extracting oil from an emu.
My son has an emu. I'll ask him. I do know every creature in Appalachia are terrified of them. A coyote tried to take a shortcut through the pen to get water and freaked out when the emu came at him

Ray you mentioned it's "reported" to contain emu oil; is it a part of the ingredients list?

The label states "with emu oil" right on the front. In the list of ingredients, emu oil is about half way down.

Unless you have a paid VIP membership, you will not have access to any of the exclusive items, including the Kaizen 2e offerings.

The K2e soaps currently listed are:

Apricity
Indo Ink
Cherry Pie
Khalifi
Grecian Horse

If anyone is interested in trying these marvelous soaps, you have to purchase a 6 month membership to the Shaving Shop Club which gives you access to the Back Room exclusives. Club members do get a discount from list pricing, so if you purchase more than two items during the six months the discount will offset the cost of membership.

Here is my review of my K2e soap that was originally posted elsewhere on this forum. I really like this one. But, as noted above, you have to be a paid member of The Club to order it:

The Club Apricity
K2e Base

This is a wonderfully scented soap featuring The Club's (A&E) newest Kaizen 2 base with emu oil. It appears to me to be a bit more solid than the standard K2 base. I ended up with a beautiful sheen on my lather which performed admirably. Very slick.

Not enough time has elapsed for me to assess the effect that the emu oil will have on post shave feel. Others are commenting that post shave feel lasts a very long time. Honestly, post shave feel is of less importance to me than how the soap actually performs and its scent. With regard to these factors, this soap delivers.

This is not a straight up apricot fragrance, rather it is semi-sweet to tart with supporting notes making it lush and inviting. The scent notes are as follows: Apricot Essence (natural), blood orange, cardamom, davana, rum, jasmine, vanilla, cashmeran, tonka bean, benzoin, labdanum, patchouli, indonesian vetiver, sandalwood. This is not a novelty gourmand scent. For those who give it a chance, it will have a broad appeal.
proxy.php

Perhaps one of the more interesting K2e soaps now available is Indo-Ink. I like this one largely because of the label art.
proxy.php

I ordered the aftershave because I found it intriguing based in part on this story given by Charkalis: " Indo-Ink is inspired by my trip to Asia and specifically a tattoo shop where I had an ancient temple tattooed beside my Ganesh. Imagine an old tattoo parlour, incense burning in a far away room, a wall full of old periodicals and new publications alike. The scent of worn leather chairs and a resinous smell which is hard to describe...but it's there."

Scent Notes: Mandarin, Ink, resins, absinthe, ylang ylang, coumarin, tonka, leather, incense, saffron, oud, tobacco, wormwood & sandalwood

As for me, my one use of the aftershave left me sensing the tattoo ink even though, honestly, I have never even been in a tattoo parlor. To me, this is a very creative and interesting experiment though I won't be ordering the soap.

FYI, Khalifa is available to the public in K2e on the Shaving Shop site. They also did two releases in September of Never Alone in K2e for the public at The Razor Company, not sure if that one will be released again or not though.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'd love to hear more on the Indo Ink scent. that one sounds really intriguing!

For any members of The Club, can I please ask for a favor? is it possible to copy and paste the descriptions of all the scents in the K2e base that are only accessible by membership? would love to see what they are described as before committing to the membership - would be a huge favor. Thank you so much in advance!

The descriptions are all over the place so I admit that is difficult, but there are now 8 or something different scents. Somebody could probably come up with a humorous three word description for each one, but I don't know about copy paste. Why don't you grab Khalifa since it is available without The Club? The regular K2 is really great so I easily had two that I wanted when I joined. Then I added Vida in K2e and The Club is paid for.

For any members of The Club, can I please ask for a favor? is it possible to copy and paste the descriptions of all the scents in the K2e base that are only accessible by membership? would love to see what they are described as before committing to the membership - would be a huge favor. Thank you so much in advance!

The Club membership costs $12 for six months. Not only does the membership allow you access to the Kaisen 2e collection but to many other soaps that were Club exclusives. The membership does include discounts on any products purchased through the Club. If you purchase two products over the six months, you will recoup most of your membership costs. If you purchase additional products, the membership will save you money.

If you look through the entire thread, I think you will find that the scent descriptions for several of the K2e scents have already been posted.

Has anyone tried The Serpent & Peony? Looks like it's available to the general public and I'm sorely tempted to make that my first step into the world of A&E if others can vouch for it.

Has anyone tried The Serpent & Peony? Looks like it's available to the general public and I'm sorely tempted to make that my first step into the world of A&E if others can vouch for it.
I love the quality of the soap base, but I have no idea what the scent is going to be like. I know Peter made a trip to Indonesia earlier this year to get inspiration for some new scents. I guess this is one of the ideas that resulted.

In the perfume world, Peony and Carnation are often considered to be a feminine floral scents. However, there are contrasting woody and spicy scents that are typically considered masculine.

This is how Peter describes the scent:
This is another scent which I have been working on since early summer. The peony flower is probably the most gorgeous flower I have seen or smelled. That being said, this isn’t a just a floral scent. The saffron resin used is among the best you can find. If you’re familiar with cashmeran, it’s stunningly beautiful, inviting & warm. The scent is anchored with agar wood, sandalwood & patchouli.

Notes: Saffron, cashmeran, carnation, peony, white pepper, agarwood sandalwood & patchouli.

I love the quality of the soap base, but I have no idea what the scent is going to be like. I know Peter made a trip to Indonesia earlier this year to get inspiration for some new scents. I guess this is one of the ideas that resulted.

In the perfume world, Peony and Carnation are often considered to be a feminine floral scents. However, there are contrasting woody and spicy scents that are typically considered masculine.

This is how Peter describes the scent:
This is another scent which I have been working on since early summer. The peony flower is probably the most gorgeous flower I have seen or smelled. That being said, this isn’t a just a floral scent. The saffron resin used is among the best you can find. If you’re familiar with cashmeran, it’s stunningly beautiful, inviting & warm. The scent is anchored with agar wood, sandalwood & patchouli.

Notes: Saffron, cashmeran, carnation, peony, white pepper, agarwood sandalwood & patchouli.
That's why I was interested in it. From my childhood I've always loved the scent of real saffron and real sandalwood, and florals (not peony but lily, hibiscus, canna, etc) were usually present when those two scents were together. I'm hoping it can stir up those nostalgic memories for me because I can smell those scents right now just thinking about them.

The A&E scents are the most adventurous and interesting out there. Masterfully blended. But I honestly can’t find a reason why we need to be putting ever more exotic animal products in. Emu oil? Really? A good vegan base is just as slick and probably far better for your skin if you look through all the marketing and gimmicks. There has to be a more sustainable way to do this. This manufacturer has superior scents and does not need to join the game of putting ever stranger animals into our lather just to create sales.

Top Bottom