What's new

Haven’t shaved in 2 years - what’s the new awesome soap?

No one would recommend the newest Barrister & Mann Omnibus base? I have not tried it, but it has been discussed at great length recently.

I've used, for at least 2 weeks each, many many shave soaps. I find these are the best on the market.

Ariana and Evans Kaizen 2 base
Barrister and Mann Omnibus base
Ethos F base

That's my S-tier list in no particular order.
Other incredible soaps ranked slightly below those ones (but still absolutely amazing)...

Zingari Man Sego
Tallow + Steel
Stirling mutton
Haslinger
Seaforth
La Toja stick
Declaration Grooming
PAA CK6
Noble Otter
SV

I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting

Last edited:
Mogno. Maybe it isn't the best soap out there but it's competitive with soaps costing twice as much. I bought 4 bars a the MENSROOM after trying out some. It cost about $8 a bar. It's shaped like bar soap. Has a light floral scent. It's lather is different. It reminds me of whipped cream. I'm not sure but I think it will last a few months of daily shaving.

I was kind of taking shaving for granted but when I tried Mogno I became interested again.

++1 on SW. Some of the best performing soaps I've used, vegan or tallow, with...ahem...unique fragrances! Might also look at Murphy & McNeil and Macduffs for top performance.
Agreed. UNIQUE in a good way generally.

Pomona is pretty normal for an apple scented soap though. I find SW scents to be bit weird but not as out there as Tallow and Steel and definitely not Wholly Kaw. Some of their scents are bizarre IME.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve checked out a few of these soaps and some are on sale Friday. I’ll be placing an order :001_tt1:

+1 for Zingariman. Heather makes some really good soaps (and matching balms) Both have earned a permanent spot on my shelf.

So far I have tried Proraso, Stirling, Arko and Captain's Choice.
So out of the 3 soaps listed above my favourite soap so far is Captain's Choice and Stirling.
I have heard good stuff about tabac and I have just ordered a puck to test it out
But it seems like they are so many soaps to try out ;)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Alright. I placed a tiny order of some new soaps I’ve never tried before.

85D0F1CA-CA2C-4350-8061-8BF7C5DB8950.jpeg

3418A569-BBFD-423E-BFA5-A77F577E2BC6.jpeg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Alright. I placed a tiny order of some new soaps I’ve never tried before.

View attachment 1368624

View attachment 1368625
The "old" tallow version of Tabac for some had the "Grandma's purse smell" as described by others. I like the scent personally.
If what you ordered turns out to be the "new" veggy version with no tallow, and you'd like to try the tallow version, let me know I'll send you one of my stash jars! :lol1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
No one would recommend the newest Barrister & Mann Omnibus base? I have not tried it, but it has been discussed at great length recently.
I am really really wanting to like this, but I'm having trouble. I have the Melange scent, and I just don't get the slickness I am used to from a top line shaving soap. For me, it's making the razor not want to slide over my skin, but rather grab it and skip.
I've tried different levels of loading, different razors, boar, badger and synthetic brushes, and it just isn't measuring up.

Top Bottom