What's new

Chubby 2 doubt

In my experience the Chubby 2 and 3 knots work really well in Manchurian, of which I have 6 brushes in the rotation, but they are all quite different. All exhibit great flow through, are very easy to load, tons of scrub yet with paradoxial softness. They don't bloom very much, so the knot stays tight when loaded, and are very easy to rinse. I custom ordered a short lofted chubby 2 manchurian and it's fantastic, it barely flexes and is a scrubbing beast. it's all a matter of personal preference.
I find the Best grade in chubby 2 is too floppy, blooms massively and does hog lather, a pain to wash out too.

The Manchurian grade is very variable in tip softness, and the knot shape and loft in general is a crapshoot, so there is a tendency to buy a few as each has its own character.

I've ordered a two-band chubby 2, hoping that works out.

They do. You can still find some offerings from last year all labeled BLACK FRIDAY SALE

yes, I bought Chubby 2 Manchurian Badger faux Butterscotch :c9:

I have saved £ 15.00, it's something ..... :letterk1:

Attachments

• 007_004.jpg
    007_004.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 13
Is your Duke 3 with 46mm loft and 23mm knot? How do you like it? Is 46mm loft on a short side?
I haven’t measured it with calipers yet but it doesn’t feel/look short lofted. The Manchurian has good backbone and still a tiny bit of scritch. It splays very predictable and works equally well for bowl or face lathering.
2FCC714E-548C-4BAE-9533-DA9A63BAFFD6.jpeg

I haven’t measured it with calipers yet but it doesn’t feel/look short lofted. The Manchurian has good backbone and still a tiny bit of scritch. It splays very predictable and works equally well for bowl or face lathering.
View attachment 1429771

Thank you for the detail. I have been eyeing this Duke 3 in Manchurian for a while now... love the faux ruby handle and I mainly bowl lather, so I was a little worried about the loft as it is advertised as 46mm loft. If it works great on bowl - that's a great news!

Thank you for the detail. I have been eyeing this Duke 3 in Manchurian for a while now... love the faux ruby handle and I mainly bowl lather, so I was a little worried about the loft as it is advertised as 46mm loft. If it works great on bowl - that's a great news!
I mostly use the Captain‘s Choice copper bowl. In a very deep one like the Pereira handle length might be an issue.

C0023742-BBE9-4894-A21A-7E89E0DD30E3.jpeg

Top Bottom