What's new

Haven’t shaved in 2 years - what’s the new awesome soap?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Bout to shave the beard. I haven’t shaved or bought any shave soap in 2 years. So what’s the new awesome soap? Or maybe just an oldie but still goodie I need to buy?

Soaps I’ve used or not interested in using:
Grooming Department
Paraso
Stirling
Captain’s Choice
Williams (modern & Vintage)
Old Spice
Probably some more I’ll remember later

So besides those above - what is the “you gotta try it” soap?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Bout to shave the beard. I haven’t shaved or bought any shave soap in 2 years. So what’s the new awesome soap? Or maybe just an oldie but still goodie I need to buy?

Soaps I’ve used or not interested in using:
Grooming Department
Paraso
Stirling
Captain’s Choice
Williams (modern & Vintage)
Old Spice
Probably some more I’ll remember later

So besides those above - what is the “you gotta try it” soap?
Seaforth. The new stuff not the actual 60's stuff, although I did transfer the new stuff into vintage Seaforth bottles and mug.
The Heather soap and aftershave is great IMHO.
Performance is really good on the soap, and the aftershave lasts forever.
May not be an option if you don't like a "grassy" type scent.
They do have the Spice scent as well, which I am told is similar to Old Spice. I have not tried it.

SeaforthHeatherSet_480x480.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Seaforth. The new stuff not the actual 60's stuff. The Heather soap and aftershave is great IMHO.
Performance is really good on the soap, and the aftershave lasts forever.
May not be an option if you don't like a "grassy" type scent.
Never heard of them before. I’m not sure what scents I like. I’m willing to try them all. I don’t have a scent profile in mind.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Jason, would you prefer a tallow or tallow-free soap? Hard or soft? Any particular fragrance?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
My stockpile is mostly...

Phoenix and Beau
Wickham 1912
Haslinger
Edwin Jagger mug soaps
The Goodfellas Smile mug soaps
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Erasmic cream
St James of London cream

If I needed more, which I don't, I would also add DR Harris soap

I would recommend Tabac (tallow) and spieck (tallow) or the cream. Personally these are my favorites.. However, good old ARKO never disappoints and is VERY affordable. Hope this helps! Now thats outta the way.... Let's see that beard before and afters! Lol

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If you haven't used them yet, I suggest Cella Extra Extra Purissima and Cella Extra Extra Bio. The first is the original 1899 tallow formula, hence you cannot get more vintage than that... The second is one of the finest, slickest tallow-free soaps I've ever used.
I’ve used Cella but not those two. Love that almond scent!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I would recommend Tabac (tallow) and spieck (tallow) or the cream. Personally these are my favorites.. However, good old ARKO never disappoints and is VERY affordable. Hope this helps! Now thats outta the way.... Let's see that beard before and afters! Lol

I’ve used Arko. Decent soap!
I was supposed to get a shipment of spieck as a gift but it never arrived.

Top Bottom