What's new

Muhle R41 - First Drive

I purchased a Muhle R41 earlier this week and finally was able to give this bad boy a test drive.

It felt fantastic. I did pretty well. I got a weeper on my neck, I didn’t even feel it when I nicked myself, might have been an in grown hair or something. The whole shave was butter smooth.

I used some TOBS peppermint. The blade was a Wilkinson Sword

Anyone else enjoy using their Muhle R41?
EF8AE957-8AE1-4F63-88A8-D8AA6D5EB10E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased a Muhle R41 earlier this week and finally was able to give this bad boy a test drive.

It felt fantastic. I did pretty well. I got a weeper on my neck, I didn’t even feel it when I nicked myself, might have been an in grown hair or something. The whole shave was butter smooth.

Used it today and have been using it quite often this last year. It is a great model, I am glad you enjoyed it as well!

Attachments

• 21F73D74-3CC0-4B70-88B0-CD45FBF97D40.jpeg
    21F73D74-3CC0-4B70-88B0-CD45FBF97D40.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I posted about my first shave with an R41 this past Tuesday. Your experience mirrors mine. I've used it for 4 shaves so far with only one weeper of no significance. If it's not my most efficient razor, it's very close to it.

I posted about my first shave with an R41 this past Tuesday. Your experience mirrors mine. I've used it for 4 shaves so far with only one weeper of no significance. If it's not my most efficient razor, it's very close to it.
I’ve been using an Edwin Jagger DE89 for 8 years. This is the first time I’ve purchased a new razor so it was super fun to try something different from all these years. I feel it gave a really good shave.

I want to get some Feather blades to go with it and see how that feels 🤪

Used it today and have been using it quite often this last year. It is a great model, I am glad you enjoyed it as well!
Oh yeah! It was nice and smooth. I can definitely feel the difference in the open comb vs my closed comb razor I’ve been using years.

I used to enjoy my R41, and then I got the GS version and now I enjoy it every morning.

Attachments

• 20210929_084822.jpg
    20210929_084822.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
I’ve been using an Edwin Jagger DE89 for 8 years. This is the first time I’ve purchased a new razor so it was super fun to try something different from all these years. I feel it gave a really good shave.

I want to get some Feather blades to go with it and see how that feels 🤪
I have used this combination of R41 and Feathers. Although it is obviously a very deep shave and it comes with no irritation for me it still makes my skin feel a bit too tight afterwards, I personally did feathers a perfect fit for my Merkur 15C though :)

Same with a bit of an improvement. I find it is slightly more aggressive, with that being said there's nothing wrong with the standard 41 head.

I love the R41 and have used it everyday since 2017! I always wished I had bought the original version, which was more aggressive. Then I found out about DSCosmetic ZO razor, which is all stainless steel and is supposed to be a clone of the original, 2011, R41. I bought it and love it! I get closer shaves that I did with the R41. I am getting the closest shaves of my life! I know you just got the R41 but down the road, you might want to consider the DSCosmetic ZO razor.

That looks like a beast! I wouldn't mind trying it! Wonder if Muhle will ever make a slant bar version of that? If they do I'll buy one!

Jason.

It keeps you focused…
Quite some bladefeel, not the greatest blade support so it can chatter and it might bite. Still very close shaves and great for mowing down longer growth.
Ahhh I see. With my 39c Sledgehammer it holds the blade like a vice (perhaps due to the torqueing of the blade?) and I get no chatter from it. Instead I get a rather nice 'raspy' sound as the blade does its work.

Jason.

I bought the DSCosmetic, ZO razor that looks identical to the R41 only it has a longer handle. They don't seem to have that model in stock right now. I don't find it any less comfortable than the R41, now that I have the technique down.

I love the R41 and have used it everyday since 2017! I always wished I had bought the original version, which was more aggressive. Then I found out about DSCosmetic ZO razor, which is all stainless steel and is supposed to be a clone of the original, 2011, R41. I bought it and love it! I get closer shaves that I did with the R41. I am getting the closest shaves of my life! I know you just got the R41 but down the road, you might want to consider the DSCosmetic ZO razor.

Oh I’m definitely going to get another razor. Just going to wait a bit.

Top Bottom