What's new

A thread that isn't really about "Opinions on Arko Scent"

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Looking at the number of replies to this thread it would appear there is some controversy surrounding the scent of this Arko shaving soap. I don't think @Owen Bawn envisaged this when he started this thread. Would someone mind summing up the differences of opinion on the scent for me as I am not sure I will ever have the time to read the entirety of this thread.

What's wrong with the smell of a urinal puck? The alternative is better?
If you shave in a urinal, urinal puck smell is the better option, although it is my belief that we live a world where chemical antiseptic should be low on the list of acceptable scents.

I don't understand the constant back and forth saying "it doesn't smell like X it smells like Y". Has anyone pondered the possibility that, like cilantro, a portion of the population does not process the arko scent the same?

I truely can not understand how people stand so far apart on this matter. I know I stand on one end of the spectrum and it perplexes me. I know I must be wrong because arko couldn't be the king of inexpensive soap if everyone had my nose.

I just wish arko would make a scentless version so I could give it a fair shake.

...Has anyone pondered the possibility that, like cilantro, a portion of the population does not process the arko scent the same?...
Yup. See link in post 8...
gotta admit though 39 pages on Arko Scent Opinions is pretty impressive. :)

Last edited:
Long ago I got a stick of Arko. It lathers about as well as Williams (very good). The urinal puck or citronella scent isn't all that offputting - the good save counteracts that. Nevertheless, I've got that stick & it will likely last me for more years to come. It lathers in almost any water, so it's a good travel soap.

Tabac? Kinda reminds me of baby shampoo- nothing wrong with it, plus the extra residual slickness is better than many spendier soaps.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Tabac? Kinda reminds me of baby shampoo- nothing wrong with it, plus the extra residua
Gotta say Tabac reminds me of the smell of my mums handbag when I was a kid and particularly the smell of the tissues she always carried and spat on to wipe my face no matter how embarrassing the situation.
It's not unpleasant, just brings back memories is all I'm saying

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gotta say Tabac reminds me of the smell of my mums handbag when I was a kid and particularly the smell of the tissues she always carried and spat on to wipe my face no matter how embarrassing the situation.
It's not unpleasant, just brings back memories is all I'm saying
You are dead on about the imagery of the "spit bath" as me mum used to call it!

Oh! The horror!

I never gave Arko a try. I participated in the soap sample pass around test a few years ago, and, gave it a whiff. There were no images conjured up. Just a distinct, "This is not for me." Luckily there were many soaps in those four boxes that were to my liking.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I disagree with those who say that opinions about Arko are a matter of personal taste or preference. The fact is that something is wrong- seriously wrong- with a man who doesn't like Arko. Rather than enabling them we should be getting them the help they need.

FarmerTan

I disagree with those who say that opinions about Arko are a matter of personal taste or preference. The fact is that something is wrong- seriously wrong- with a man who doesn't like Arko. Rather than enabling them we should be getting them the help they need.
And there YOU go again....tyin' this here thread back together.

Why do I keep coming BACK here?!?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Forgive me. I was momentarily lettin' this cushy sit-down-job of ambassy door soften my resolve. Won't happen again until the next time my friend.
When was the last time you converted a hater to a dedicated happy Arko sniffer?

FarmerTan

When was the last time you converted a hater to a dedicated happy Arko sniffer?
Almost spit out my water. Which with my prostate I shouldn't be drinkin' at this hour anyway. What in the werld am I doin' talkin' to you, when I should be fillin' out the paperwerk for my upcoming run for the White House?

I even have a motto, since way back in 2016 when everyone was losin' their minds:
MAMA - "Make America Mediocre Again!"

Shoulda registered it with the patent office, and made tee shirts! I'd be in Missoura right about now, sippin' sun tea, unsweetened, tellin' Ms. Vice President to go visit the border, and planning my second term....

Top Bottom