What's new

Anyone else stuck in USPS limbo?

I have two packages that have been caught up in the suspension of USPS mail services to AU/NZ. One is of no consequence, some tucks from tryabalade, the other is causing me more grief: my first vintage razor, a birth quarter Gillette Slim.

Both of these were marooned in October and, with Christmas/New Year looming, it seems unlikely that they will be freed up anytime soon.

How are all you other ANZACs faring?

As a remedy, I have been ordering from EU and CA.

Bonus pick of my stranded Slim :)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve had trouble with Amazon purchases delivered by UPS. Amazon shows out for delivery and the UPS site doesn’t. There are no Amazon delivery trucks in my area.

Yea that USPS suspension to Australia was such a pain. While I don't know anything about the decision process, it feels rushed and ham-fisted, leaving several of our customers (and us) in a lurch with no obvious remedy or end to the situation. It seems like they could have shared a suspension date and then allowed all current shipments that were already on the way to be delivered while stopping new shipments. Oh well.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
1637360930458.jpeg

it feels rushed and ham-fisted, leaving several of our customers (and us) in a lurch with no obvious remedy or end to the situation. It seems like they could have shared a suspension date and then allowed all current shipments that were already on the way to be delivered while stopping new shipments.

Agreed. Some notice would have allowed many of us to plan accordingly. For example, I would have eaten the Fedex charges just to guarantee delivery. Now I'm left wondering how much international mail will never emerge from this black hole.

I just hope that your customers understand that it is as much out of your hands as it is theirs. We are all in the same position, sadly.

One of my purchases got returned to the sender. The rest manager to sneak through. Luckily nothing got stuck in limbo.

I won’t be making any further purchases from the states for a while. With borders now opening, hopefully this will soon be a thing of the past.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have a package stuck in the International Mail Centre in Chicago. It has not moved since the 17th of September. It was despatched a week earlier and then the big freeze happened on the date that I thought it was going to leave Chicago. Once before I had a package from the same Vendor that showed no movement for a week and then it turned up in Los Angeles before arriving in Australia a few days later. I was hoping that the same would happen but alas, no.

lasta

Blade Biter
That Slim looks NOS. I've never seen one so clean.

It has probably waited for you for 50 years. A few more days shouldn't be too much to ask.

If it's any consolation, my blade samples from TaB arrived today. The USPS tracking site still lists them as:

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
October 27, 2021 at 5:42 pm
ITASCA, IL 60143

So, some parcels are making it through, but the system is obviously not functioning as intended...

A few more days shouldn't be too much to ask.

Days, even weeks, I can deal with. Months, or years, on the other hand may be too much for me to resist picking up a Fatboy as consolation. :D

lasta

Blade Biter
If it's any consolation, my blade samples from TaB arrived today. The USPS tracking site still lists them as:

So, some parcels are making it through, but the system is obviously not functioning as intended...

Days, even weeks, I can deal with. Months, or years, on the other hand may be too much for me to resist picking up a Fatboy as consolation. :D
No shame in indulging a little. Fatboy Slim is a match made in heaven. I prefer the Fat for north to south strokes and the slim for S-N.

Luckily nothing stuck or lost in Limbo from USA so far. I'm finding parcels from UK and France through express and regular post get through eventually, AND "global shipping" via eBay still viable. Typically arrival 4-6 weeks for everything. Nothing directed to Austria yet

Two updates today.

First, a Canadian retailer cancelled my order after a week, when their shipping partner could not arrange delivery; they are obviously dependent upon USPS as well. So even the Canucks can't help the ANZACs!

Secondly, and quietly encouraging, the status of the Slim was updated after 5 weeks of being stuck in Elk Grove to "Shipment Departed Origin Country". Perhaps there is hope for Santa to make it downunder this year after all... :p

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Too bad.
I just had a watch delivered priority mail in just a few days. Maybe it’s luck.

Ya the last two packages via priority mail were great. One came early.

That's weird. USPS says that service is definitely suspended:

Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets, International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

The only packages I have seen get through in that time are couriered (DHL and the like). Maybe they don't count WA as part of Oz because mail is sent across the Indian ocean? :p

Top Bottom