What's new

What Russian shave gear do you use?

Normally I don't use many international products but lately I've been on a kick wondering what other countries use. Today I'm curious about products made in Russia or used commonly in Russia. Do you use any products that come from there? I'm curious what most guys shave with who live in Russia.

There’s a lot of blade brands made in St. Petersburg and Moscow. Gillette blades are from the PPI plant in St. Petersburg. My favorite blades are the Gillette Silver Blue made in the PPI plant

Most of my favorite blades are of Russian origin, mainly Gillette. I suspect that’s true for many people. If there is other Russian shaving gear available I’m not aware it exists. I have seen some vintage stuff but that’s about it.

Since Gillette has a big factory in Russia, pretty much everyone has Russian made razor blades, so let’s move past that. I’m noticing more and more Soviet era razors for sale, but I haven’t really seen any interest or mentions on B&B.

Not a big fan of most Russian blades but I do have a couple of Sajver (САЙВЕР) razors that get some use. They are meant to be used with 2 blades (of which one is broken in two halves) and a spacer but loaded like that it gives a terrible shave. Just loaded with the spacer and one blade it shaves really good.

Gillette/PPI
Mostochlegmash blades.

HomeLikeShaving Taiga.

I also love their deja vu Aftershave, which smells very divenely, like cold oxygen coming thru Siberian Forest combined with Pine Trees all around.

IMG_20211112_110613.jpg

There are quite a few very good shaving creams made in Russia. Over the years I've used ones including Viking, Everest and Start. I particularly liked the Everest, but haven't been able to get hold of any for a few years.

Top Bottom