What's new

RazoRock Plague Doctor Super Formula

I genuinely enjoyed the preface to your review of Plague Doctor. I studied the Black Death a few years ago, and simply seeing the title of your review compelled me to read it.

Your flash fiction holds far more darkness (in a good way) if one has a greater understanding and appreciation of what the plague meant for 'medieval' Europe at the time. Your description of pulse-quickening anxiety, and the accurate illustration of the doctors themselves, lend a wonderful authenticity to your story.

I very much enjoy a turn of words such as yours--a wonderful side-step out of the ordinary and a breath of refreshing air. Well done, sir!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just got an alert from Italianbarber.com ... Plague Doctor shave soap is back in stock.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
It'll sell out almost immediately...ha ha! Just got the shipped notice on the soap.

Last edited:
This mornings shave......
11-19.jpg

Still haven’t gotten a shipping confirmation from IB about my order. I might have to email them about it if I don’t hear anything from them by tomorrow evening

Dear @Marco

I am very pleased I did as promised and used the Plague Doctor again.
Spurred by the enthusiastic reactions to this post lately, I thought I should retry.
After all, my overall techniques are still in an embryonic stage 😛

After tonights shave(s) I can say it was much, much better than the previous ones.
One nick on the chin when I tried to find out what @Hannah's Dad means with "shave steep". I guess the sudden nick shows I shave steep enough?

Anyway: I can now fully support your praise of this soap.
Very smooth shave, real nice nourished feel after the shave.
I guess my lathering technique has improved. Added more water, for example.

Will be using it again.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dear @Marco

I am very pleased I did as promised and used the Plague Doctor again.
Spurred by the enthusiastic reactions to this post lately, I thought I should retry.
After all, my overall techniques are still in an embryonic stage 😛

After tonights shave(s) I can say it was much, much better than the previous ones.
One nick on the chin when I tried to find out what @Hannah's Dad means with "shave steep". I guess the sudden nick shows I shave steep enough?

Anyway: I can now fully support your praise of this soap.
Very smooth shave, real nice nourished feel after the shave.
I guess my lathering technique has improved. Added more water, for example.

Will be using it again.
With this traditional Italian soft soap the best lathering technique is the Italian Master Barbers' (aka Marco-my method):

Lots of water + lots of swirls + lots of soap = Lots of thick, creamy, effective lather

Glad to hear about your recent improvement, Sir. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom