What's new

🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽 DecemBOAR 2021 - Only boar brushes… for all of December! 🐗 🐖 🐷 🐽

I'm going to be breaking in a new shoat knot from turn n shave, untreated. First impression of a hand lather tells me I'm really going to like it. Wish I'd bought the gelled version as well to compare. Or, another Omega. I only have the '49. Is there an unbleached Omega?

I'm going to be breaking in a new shoat knot from turn n shave, untreated. First impression of a hand lather tells me I'm really going to like it. Wish I'd bought the gelled version as well to compare. Or, another Omega. I only have the '49. Is there an unbleached Omega?
I’m not positive, but it looks to me like the Connaught Omega Premium Jade Boar is either untreated or “less treated”. I’m sure one of our resident Pork Professionals will be able to offer additional advice.

You can not post a great story like that and not include a picture. Now I’m having “an episode” and searching for “starter kit Boar brushes” trying to figure out what great workhorse you’ve been using. At least my search will keep me busy.

Please post a picture, I’m intrigued!?
As I was so impressed with the cheap boar, I contacted the owner of the business I bought it from and was told they were only selling synths and not selling boars anymore. I received a message later and was told he had found one that must have fallen from the shelf, which I duly bought. It now sits alongside my badger and synthetic awaiting active duty. Here is a pic of the two. IMG_20211115_151654.jpg
I could probably do with giving it a shampoo, but it still works fine.

I guess by default I'm in for Decemboar.

Yeah, I have a couple boar brushes. I’m in…..

2021 DecemBOAR Signup List

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro.
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro.
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper
11. BaPh96
12. PintoPlain
13. slimShavy
14. Ewk
16:

Please add your name to the list if I missed you…

As some of you know, I am using boars 95% of the time. And if you ask me how many I have... Well. I use 7-8 (Omega). And I have at least 40 (Omega) waiting in their boxes. A couple of times in a month I would use a synth. So I won't put my name in the list (who knows, I might shave using a synth in December). @SharpieB Are part-timers accepted? Like 95-96% part-timers? :lol:

I have waited until I found the right brush, mustn't under do it :rolleyes:

So I just, uhm, ordered a vintage Plisson from France :eek:

It should be here by Turkey Day and I will commence using it immediately :w00t:

I need to apply for a variance in the rules, I have 3 days that I won't be able to use it, but I am adding a week to the beginning 🙏

I have waited until I found the right brush, mustn't under do it :rolleyes:

So I just, uhm, ordered a vintage Plisson from France :eek:

It should be here by Turkey Day and I will commence using it immediately :w00t:

I need to apply for a variance in the rules, I have 3 days that I won't be able to use it, but I am adding a week to the beginning 🙏
You are in!

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro.
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper
11. BaPh96
12. PintoPlain
13. slimShavy
14. Ewk
15. APBinNCA
16:

As some of you know, I am using boars 95% of the time. And if you ask me how many I have... Well. I use 7-8 (Omega). And I have at least 40 (Omega) waiting in their boxes. A couple of times in a month I would use a synth. So I won't put my name in the list (who knows, I might shave using a synth in December). @SharpieB Are part-timers accepted? Like 95-96% part-timers? :lol:
I’m pretty sure you’re going to be “allowed” to enter the Pig Pen. Looking forward to your Omega brush postings.

I am working to refine a Fixed Four Shave. The B-35 would love to romp through Decem-Boar with other friendly hogs into the NewYear. Go Hogs. I hope the hogs ham it up with nice piggy pics. We’re in.
I'm in!

1. SharpieB
2. Sinnbad11
3. GNR
4. Leverspro.
5. FarmerTan
6. messygoon
7. bjm
8. Gewoon ikk
9. Acmemfg
10. MaineYooper