What's new

My Ranking of Razor Blades

Blades Used:

Personna Crystal; cost/blade $.12, number of really good shaves 1, cost/really good shave $.12, 1st shave was great

Personna Med Prep; cost/blade $.44, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.22, 1st & 2nd shave were great, may try the Lab Blues

Personna Israeli Red; cost/blade $.26, number of really shaves 4, cost/really good shave $.065, shaves 2 thru 5 were great

Polsilver SI; cost/blade $1.00, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.50, shaves 2 & 3 were great

Wizamet SI; cost/blade $.20, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.10, shaves 2 & 3 were great

Polsilver Stainless; cost/blade $.47, number of really good shaves 4, cost/really good shave $.12, shaves 2 thru 5 were great

So for me I will use up my Personna Crystals and maybe buy more for that one great shave

I will use up my Personna Med Prep and will not buy anymore

I will use up my Polsilver SI’s and not buy anymore

The 3 blades that are my primary blades:

1) Personna Israeli Red
2) Polsilver Stainless
3) Wizamet SI

The winner for cost and shaves quality is:

Personna Israeli Red.

I was using:

WR2 SS SB 1.35mm Razor
MDC, Sterling, and Ethos Soap

Please leave any comments

Have Great Shaves everyone

Doug

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Blades Used:

Personna Crystal; cost/blade $.12, number of really good shaves 1, cost/really good shave $.12, 1st shave was great

Personna Med Prep; cost/blade $.44, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.22, 1st & 2nd shave were great, may try the Lab Blues

Personna Israeli Red; cost/blade $.26, number of really shaves 4, cost/really good shave $.065, shaves 2 thru 5 were great

Polsilver SI; cost/blade $1.00, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.50, shaves 2 & 3 were great

Wizamet SI; cost/blade $.20, number of really good shaves 2, cost/really good shave $.10, shaves 2 & 3 were great

Polsilver Stainless; cost/blade $.47, number of really good shaves 4, cost/really good shave $.12, shaves 2 thru 5 were great

So for me I will use up my Personna Crystals and maybe buy more for that one great shave

I will use up my Personna Med Prep and will not buy anymore

I will use up my Polsilver SI’s and not buy anymore

The 3 blades that are my primary blades:

1) Personna Israeli Red
2) Polsilver Stainless
3) Wizamet SI

The winner for cost and shaves quality is:

Personna Israeli Red.

I was using:

WR2 SS SB 1.35mm Razor
MDC, Sterling, and Ethos Soap

Please leave any comments

Have Great Shaves everyone

Doug
Great reference for your blades, I have the Personna Red and Polsilver SI and enjoy using them.
Surprised not to see any Gillette brand blades like GSB or 7oclock SP.

I love the Personna Israeli Reds. I stocked up when they were about $20/200 and have over 700 of them. 😱

I find the Personna Crystals are very similar and I wouldn’t be surprised if they are the same blade.

My favourite of all time is still the Polish Polsilvers. Amazing blades.

Great reference for your blades, I have the Personna Red and Polsilver SI and enjoy using them.
Surprised not to see any Gillette brand blades like GSB or 7oclock SP.
I have tried the GSB and the 7o’clock and did not like them, but that was awhile ago.

Interesting post, especially as you include many of my ‘top-tier’ blades.

More interesting as I just binned a Polsilver SI after 12 shaves, all rated 9, 9.5 or 10! YMMV for sure!

:a21::a21:

Interesting post, especially as you include many of my ‘top-tier’ blades.

More interesting as I just binned a Polsilver SI after 12 shaves, all rated 9, 9.5 or 10! YMMV for sure!

:a21::a21:
Maybe I just got a bad blade I actually expected more out of the Polsilver SI’s, will use it again for sure and maybe use it for more shaves

Maybe I just got a bad blade I actually expected more out of the Polsilver SI’s, will use it again for sure and maybe use it for more shaves
Are you loving the Polish Polsilvers as much currently as we both did with the PIF blades from Grundi? I really like them but I haven’t been able to get more than 3 great shaves out of one since my first blade (9 or 10 shaves).

Are you loving the Polish Polsilvers as much currently as we both did with the PIF blades from Grundi? I really like them but I haven’t been able to get more than 3 great shaves out of one since my first blade (9 or 10 shaves).
I am getting 4 grest shaves, shaves 2 thru 5

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Great review. I’m a fan of the reds.
I’m trying wizamet now. After two shaves I was thinking omg the perfect blade. But third shave with 4 days growth it wasn’t so good. Experiment continued.
I haven’t tried Polsilver stainless. Is that an old stock blade? The SI are good but I haven’t used them in awhile.

I thought you guys might find this helpful. I apologize if I've overstepped any boundaries in posting this.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
You have some different experiences, which is not a surprise as you shave your face and I shave mine. I'm pretty sure you can still get 100 Med Preps for around $25 at Robbins. I easily get 5-6 great shaves and can usually get 7. Same with PolSilver SI, which I purchased 400 at $63 - but that was a couple of years ago.

But if you're still auditioning blades you surely don't want to buy them 100 at a time. But when you've selected a couple of favorites, do shop around a little. I've seen Med Preps at other vendors for twice the price.

Great review. I’m a fan of the reds.
I’m trying wizamet now. After two shaves I was thinking omg the perfect blade. But third shave with 4 days growth it wasn’t so good. Experiment continued.
I haven’t tried Polsilver stainless. Is that an old stock blade? The SI are good but I haven’t used them in awhile.
It is an older blade the shaving.ie site carry’s some every now and then.

Top Bottom