What's new

GNR Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
B&B Interviews - Meet member GNR

130316.jpg

GNR has been a member of Badger and Blade since Apr 2, 2020

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I was sick of irritation. I did an online search and found Badger & Blade, stalked the forum, bought an EJ DE89, Yaqui brush and crappy local soap. Then when I had more time I joined because I wanted to really experiment with different items and be a part of the B&B community.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I served in the USMC for 22 years and retired as the senior Marine in my Military Occupational Specialty. Now I work as an equipment manager for part of the Department of Defense with customers in locations across the globe.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Queens, N.Y. I grew up on Long Island and then moved to South Boston after High School.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I’ve lived in a lot of places and spent time/lived in many countries. I guess my answer is: somewhere in the Continental U.S. close to my family. I spent years of my life too far away and wouldn’t choose to do so again.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Too many sometimes. I like waterfowl hunting and small game hunting. I enjoy reading Civil War history books, and spending time with my family.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I chose the avatar I have because it is the first time I held my daughter, March 17, 2011. That’s my family, my core, my reason for everything.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Tough question. I’ll go with Joan of Arc. She was an inspirational leader who believed in her convictions and refused to deny them. Her charisma and impact were dramatic. She was an early role model that shows the capability of a woman leader. I’d love to share lunch and a bottle of wine and learn as much as I can, so I can be a better Dad to a fearless young daughter.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I want to spend more than a few hours in Ireland. I want to take my family there. The first time I saw Ireland, I was coming out of the dessert and it was so green it hurt my eyes. It’s beauty is seared in, I want to see more.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Not giving up when my wife and my efforts for a family failed in soul crushing fashion every step of the way. We supported each other throughout the hard times and were able to adopt our beautiful, fearless, stubborn, daughter. It certainly wasn’t an easy path but, it was/is so worth it.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Never give up! Face every challenge that comes your way. If you are suffering, Fight the battle within. Keep Going!

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Easy: Wolverine’s ability to heal. My body is broken but what a ride. If I had Wolverine’s healing power to restore my body, with what I know now…boy that would be silly fun.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Great White Shark, the perfect apex predator in its environment.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Almost all. I like cruising to Country & Top 40, dancing with my wife to Hip Hop, working out to hard rock/classic rock, and relaxing to Jazz and classical music.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator. That character is awesome.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

“Coming home.”

Loved your comments and thank you for your service. I was born in Queens NY and spent my early childhood there. When I went back to visit some relatives a few years ago I did not recognize the place.

Reactions: GNR

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
B&B Interviews - Meet member GNR

View attachment 1362595

GNR has been a member of Badger and Blade since Apr 2, 2020

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I was sick of irritation. I did an online search and found Badger & Blade, stalked the forum, bought an EJ DE89, Yaqui brush and crappy local soap. Then when I had more time I joined because I wanted to really experiment with different items and be a part of the B&B community.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I served in the USMC for 22 years and retired as the senior Marine in my Military Occupational Specialty. Now I work as an equipment manager for part of the Department of Defense with customers in locations across the globe.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I was born in Queens, N.Y. I grew up on Long Island and then moved to South Boston after High School.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I’ve lived in a lot of places and spent time/lived in many countries. I guess my answer is: somewhere in the Continental U.S. close to my family. I spent years of my life too far away and wouldn’t choose to do so again.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

Too many sometimes. I like waterfowl hunting and small game hunting. I enjoy reading Civil War history books, and spending time with my family.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I chose the avatar I have because it is the first time I held my daughter, March 17, 2011. That’s my family, my core, my reason for everything.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

Tough question. I’ll go with Joan of Arc. She was an inspirational leader who believed in her convictions and refused to deny them. Her charisma and impact were dramatic. She was an early role model that shows the capability of a woman leader. I’d love to share lunch and a bottle of wine and learn as much as I can, so I can be a better Dad to a fearless young daughter.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

I want to spend more than a few hours in Ireland. I want to take my family there. The first time I saw Ireland, I was coming out of the dessert and it was so green it hurt my eyes. It’s beauty is seared in, I want to see more.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

Not giving up when my wife and my efforts for a family failed in soul crushing fashion every step of the way. We supported each other throughout the hard times and were able to adopt our beautiful, fearless, stubborn, daughter. It certainly wasn’t an easy path but, it was/is so worth it.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

Never give up! Face every challenge that comes your way. If you are suffering, Fight the battle within. Keep Going!

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Easy: Wolverine’s ability to heal. My body is broken but what a ride. If I had Wolverine’s healing power to restore my body, with what I know now…boy that would be silly fun.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Great White Shark, the perfect apex predator in its environment.

13. What kind of music do you like?

Almost all. I like cruising to Country & Top 40, dancing with my wife to Hip Hop, working out to hard rock/classic rock, and relaxing to Jazz and classical music.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Maximus Decimus Meridius from Gladiator. That character is awesome.

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

“Coming home.”
Loved the photo and a great interview.

Top Bottom