What's new

Can you order just Ti or SS baseplates from Timeless

I see there are only options to buy parts from the scratch and dent which i already have. Noticed there is a dual head for both titanium and SS where one side is SB and the other side is either open comb or scalloped. I am wanting one of these baseplates. Is there no way to purchase this without buying the complete razor?

The scratch and dent section doesn’t offer these dual sided base plates in any type of metal.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
You can do that!
I didn't order a dual head but the Slim OC plate. Just that, and an extra handle. No cap. I already had that, after all.

Just check no/nothing for all other parts.

This said, I have the .95 Scalloped, the OC combs of Timeless are so nicely and safely rounded, I dare to say a SB or SC side to go with the OC is not really a necessity. I shave up to the lips with the. 5 Slim OC, this is something I don't dare with otherwise milder OC combs.

TLDR you can order just a plate, but IMO just an OC plate, be it .68, .95 or .5 Slim, would do nicely, given how the teeth are done for Timeless.

I already have an OC plate and a .95 SB in SS for my Timeless Bronze. Like i said there is no way to order the dual sided plates I’m looking for in the scratch and dent section, and in the “build your own Timeless” section, the drop down menu doesn’t give the option of “none” like it does in the scratch and dent section.

I love my dual head Razorock SS LUPO .95 SB and.72 OC. I want to have that same convenient 2 in 1 type baseplate but with the excellent Timeless craftsmanship (not knocking Razorock at all, they are great as well)

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just checked, seems this is only an option for the Slim heads.

That yours is the bronze might also play a role, they only offer the dual head for steel and titanium so far.

I think you already bought a lot from them.
Just send them a mail asking for that. I am afraid though they might not do this for the bronze head.

BTW, I like the slim head! 😉

I already have an OC plate and a .95 SB in SS for my Timeless Bronze. Like i said there is no way to order the dual sided plates I’m looking for in the scratch and dent section, and in the “build your own Timeless” section, the drop down menu doesn’t give the option of “none” like it does in the scratch and dent section.

I love my dual head Razorock SS LUPO .95 SB and.72 OC. I want to have that same convenient 2 in 1 type baseplate but with the excellent Timeless craftsmanship (not knocking Razorock at all, they are great as well)

I’m not sure about buying it from the “scratch and dent” section, but you can certainly buy just the custom dual comb plate new, in either SS or Ti.
No need to go to the “build your own” section. Just go to Shop, choose either SS or Ti from the left, and then look for the separate custom DC plate option, where you can then choose your gap, matte/ polished finish, and the options for the two sides of the plate, and add to cart without any other parts.

I just checked, seems this is only an option for the Slim heads.

That yours is the bronze might also play a role, they only offer the dual head for steel and titanium so far.

I think you already bought a lot from them.
Just send them a mail asking for that. I am afraid though they might not do this for the bronze head.

BTW, I like the slim head! 😉
Sorry, but i believe you’re misunderstanding me. I have a Bronze but looking to buy SS and Ti parts for it (all Timeless parts from mixed metals are interchangeable even their aluminum which i also own). I already have a SS .95 baseplate for my Bronze that works great. Unless I’m doing something wrong, i don’t see a way of ordering ANY Ti parts PERIOD!!! Only select parts are available for Stainless Steel but ONLY in their scratch and dent section.

You should be able to buy them from Timeless. Try emailing if you want to buy them from the source but can't find them on the website.

You can definitely buy them from Maggard's.

I’m not sure about buying it from the “scratch and dent” section, but you can certainly buy just the custom dual comb plate new, in either SS or Ti.
No need to go to the “build your own” section. Just go to Shop, choose either SS or Ti from the left, and then look for the separate custom DC plate option, where you can then choose your gap, matte/ polished finish, and the options for the two sides of the plate, and add to cart without any other parts.
Ok, now i remember why I couldn’t find certain sections on the Timeless site on my mobile phone. When you click shop, you can’t just scroll down and find the parts section or even the scratch and dent section. You have to first select a category which isn’t obvious that is a necessity.

Ok, now i remember why I couldn’t find certain sections on the Timeless site on my mobile phone. When you click shop, you can’t just scroll down and find the parts section or even the scratch and dent section. You have to first select a category which isn’t obvious that is a necessity.

I can’t remember if it looks different on a mobile phone (although you might be able to “request” desktop version/ view even on your mobile).
But they definitely have the option to buy any razor part separately, both for SS and for Ti, so hope you find it.

You should be able to buy them from Timeless. Try emailing if you want to buy them from the source but can't find them on the website.

You can definitely buy them from Maggard's.
Thanks for the heads up on Maggards carrying the individual parts. I’ll probably wait for their Black Friday sale to buy some new Timeless parts. They don’t have the dual comb plates so that I’ll have to get from Timeless itself.

You can do that!
I didn't order a dual head but the Slim OC plate. Just that, and an extra handle. No cap. I already had that, after all.

Just check no/nothing for all other parts.

This said, I have the .95 Scalloped, the OC combs of Timeless are so nicely and safely rounded, I dare to say a SB or SC side to go with the OC is not really a necessity. I shave up to the lips with the. 5 Slim OC, this is something I don't dare with otherwise milder OC combs.

TLDR you can order just a plate, but IMO just an OC plate, be it .68, .95 or .5 Slim, would do nicely, given how the teeth are done for Timeless.
I recently acquired a Ti .95 OC plate and an SS Slim OC plate and I have to agree! Generally I’m not an open comb fan, but Timeless really makes exceptional OC plates!

Top Bottom