What's new

Rudy Vey, Muhle 25mm STF

Rudy Vey is letting me borrow his Muhle 25mm STF brush. I have had:

Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Simpsons Trafalgar T3 & T2

and others, ended up selling them all because they did not emulate a badger enough, which I know is not what some people want.

This Muhle STF is the closest I have ever used, it loads and releases lather easily, it splays like a badger and can hold enough lather for 4 passes and have enough left to cover my face while I clean up my gear.

I know they no longer make this knot, but Rudy has a stash of them, so if you missed out getting one this is your chance.

This will be my first and only synthetic to make it into my rotation.

Doug

image.jpg
image.jpg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Rudy Vey is letting me borrow his Muhle 25mm STF brush. I have had:

Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic
Simpsons Trafalgar T3 & T2

and others, ended up selling them all because they did not emulate a badger enough, which I know is not what some people want.

This Muhle STF is the closest I have ever used, it loads and releases lather easily, it splays like a badger and can hold enough lather for 4 passes and have enough left to cover my face while I clean up my gear.

I know they no longer make this knot, but Rudy has a stash of them, so if you missed out getting one this is your chance.

This will be my first and only synthetic to make it into my rotation.

Doug

View attachment 1358901View attachment 1358902
Muehle has been so great and made me a number of the 25 mm STF knots, they were officially discontinued mid-summer last year. Had so many request, so I asked them and they agreed and made then exclusively for me.

Muehle has been so great and made me a number of the 25 mm STF knots, they were officially discontinued mid-summer last year. Had so many request, so I asked them and they agreed and made then exclusively for me.

Just to confirm, did Mühle stop selling the 25 mm XL STF knots (without handle), or will Mühle also discontinue (their own) 25 mm XL STF Classic line brushes?

I am confused, because Mühle labels their Classic line 25 mm XL STF brush with olive wood handle on their website as “new”.

B.

Rudy Vey

Just to confirm, did Mühle stop selling the 25 mm XL STF knots (without handle), or will Mühle also discontinue (their own) 25 mm XL STF Classic line brushes?

I am confused, because Mühle labels their Classic line 25 mm XL STF brush with olive wood handle on their website as “new”.

B.
They stopped selling this specific knot last year in mid summer. Guess they still make them for their own brushes.

78F10846-A170-4A88-B67C-3B63CE440471.jpeg

Best one? Good question.
Shavemac 25mm, Rudy Vey Muhle 25mm, Omega EVO 27mm (all measurements approximate +/- 1mm or so.
Truth be told, they are all within a burp and sneeze of equal to each other. I guess if I HAD to make a choice, the Muhle would win.…but not by much at all.

I have a 25mm Muhle STF as well and really like it. It’s currently tied with my Kent BLK8S for favorite synthetic. So far I have about 30 shaves with that Muhle. It’s still losing 1-2 hairs per shave. It’s shed more than any other synth I’ve owned. Does that sound normal? I figure it’s still got plenty of bristles, but I suppose eventually that could be problematic.

B.
They did discontinue their own XL brushes in the past, but they have just brought them back.

I also get confused by the exclusivity claim here, but the fact is that Muhle XL brushes are back and available from Mr Rudy Vey with custom handles, or directly from Muhle, several German vendors and I believe soon from other vendors as well with the classic Muhle handles

The other fact is that Muhle Silvertip Badger XL (25mm) are getting discontinued

Rudy Vey

I have a 25mm Muhle STF as well and really like it. It’s currently tied with my Kent BLK8S for favorite synthetic. So far I have about 30 shaves with that Muhle. It’s still losing 1-2 hairs per shave. It’s shed more than any other synth I’ve owned. Does that sound normal? I figure it’s still got plenty of bristles, but I suppose eventually that could be problematic.
No, not normal. Never heard of any of the Muehle STF knotted brushes I have made did shed. I use a 19 mm for several years now as my travel brush, and prior to Covid it was the brush I used most in a year - never lost a hair. My 25 mm knot also has not lost a hair, or precisely fiber....

No, not normal. Never heard of any of the Muehle STF knotted brushes I have made did shed. I use a 19 mm for several years now as my travel brush, and prior to Covid it was the brush I used most in a year - never lost a hair. My 25 mm knot also has not lost a hair, or precisely fiber....
Good to know. Thanks Rudy! If it persists and becomes problematic, I’ll contact manufacturer.

Top Bottom