What's new

Have i found the perfect razor?

That is SO COOL that you had a female "Bingle Buddy!" I'm shocked, actually, as there are so few ladies on here, actively, anyway.

My wife has not yet tried a DE.... I've thought about getting her and old Gillette long handled razor that had the star bursts on the handle. Cain't remember what they were called. I believe my mom used one; I'll have to ask.

LOL, if my lovely bride doesn't take to it, I suppose I'd use it, since I have always wanted to own one of those! They just scream 1960's!
My wife shaves with a DE. She started out with an EJ razor, then a Gillette Black Beauty, and now a Lady Gillette. The Lady Gillette seems to be her favorite. I think if there is one your wife will like, that may be it, and they are readily available.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My wife shaves with a DE. She started out with an EJ razor, then a Gillette Black Beauty, and now a Lady Gillette. The Lady Gillette seems to be her favorite. I think if there is one your wife will like, that may be it, and they are readily available.
THANK YOU! my friend, for the life of me I just could not come up with the name "Lady Gillette!"

hey @Oliviamaynard nice to have a female member on the forum, we need more👍🔥💯

Not tried that stainless steel feather de razor myself but I do like the feather de blades a lot, just got 200 the order day

If you ever look into adjustables, check out the Rockwell 6S, got it recently myself, amazing razor imho

Anyways welcome to the forum ☺️

You could either look for a Merkur Progress 510 which lets you adjust the efficiency of the razor to accommodate different blades/growth/shaving area or a single edge Injector razor like a Parker which takes other blades but is very intuitive to handle.
Hannes, I think the Progress would be too much for her even @1 (it's a man's razor - here, I said it), especially since she uses now the Feather razor and is happy with it.
@Oliviamaynard
Don't pay attention to them telling you to buy another razor (and another and another). Just enjoy. Trying new blades and soaps can be enough fun.

Hannes, I think the Progress would be too much for her even @1 (it's a man's razor - here, I said it), especially since she uses now the Feather razor and is happy with it.
@Oliviamaynard
Don't pay attention to them telling you to buy another razor (and another and another). Just enjoy. Trying new blades and soaps can be enough fun.
Yeah. I think my plan of just make it hurt once worked.

Yes, not like many of us others , that have purchased razors which remain unused - " in a razor museum "
I so do that with everything. I have so many funko pops and Tshirts, leggings, candles, and moisturizer. Omg so much moisturizer.
As I was researching I could just feel the need to hoard. So I just bought what I really wanted and now I can't justify purchases in my own mind.

That worked.

I might collect vintage for art purposes. Still gonna try soap and blades too.

The fun is in designing your own little feminine, or pirate, lather den. You can get real creative with the decorations and it can be just a small area of your bathroom! If you don't have too much stuff, you don't have to hide half of it away. :whistling:

I do have the original brush from the set. It's synthetic. I di let it sit in hot water some
You would do well to get a good brush. I have tried many but return to a 24mm silver tip. I like to face lather and the 24mm is just right. You don’t have to break the bank either. One of my favorites is a Razorock it only set me back about $35. on sale. The other I actually assembled myself from a knot from eBay and separate handle, it’s actually my #1 user. My thoughts are your usage would be well served with what works well for face lathering. Since you cover more acreage than face shaving I’d go with about a 28mm knot though.

Top Bottom