What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Only one shave in with Omnibus, but really liking it:

AA

Ouch. Did yours get misrouted or is that a new normal for AK?

They sent mine to Pittsburgh. That nearly tripled the distance between me and my shave soap. I'm surprised they didn't keep going into OH.
Alaska does generally take a bit longer, but not to that degree. I assume it was a misroute because originally it said Oct 8th. When said date arrived it was, like, 11 days before it even showed up on the tracking again

Absolutely was not Will's fault though. Although he did tell me if I didn't shoes up he'd send me another despite it not being his fault. Very cool.

My last B&M order was USPS and for some reason went to Pittsburgh. It took nearly 2 weeks for me to get it. I can probably drive to Cooperstown in less than 4 hours

I jumped in on this and my order shipped from Cooperstown, NY Parcel Select. I live in New England and instead of moving east, it was shipped to Pennsylvania and instead of a 2-3 day original delivery date it now has a 6 day delivery date. This must be the new and not necessarily improved post office routing we've been hearing about. "Never gonna get it" started playing in my head....
FedEx: "You'll get it when we give it to you."
USPS: "You'll get it next week. Maybe. Or maybe the week after. Maybe."
UPS: "Your package will arrive today at 4:06 pm. Here's a map."
Amazon: "We're in your living room."
:biggrin1:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I have connections, my friends. I live in Pittsburgh — all of your goodies go through me first.
1636501151014.gif

I've only tried a sample size of Leviathan, but of the many samples of B&M soaps that I've tried this is the first one that has made me want the full tub. Currently the Canadian reseller is sold out but plan to buy the Leviathan Goth and Melange when/if they come North.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I've only tried a sample size of Leviathan, but of the many samples of B&M soaps that I've tried this is the first one that has made me want the full tub. Currently the Canadian reseller is sold out but plan to buy the Leviathan Goth and Melange when/if they come North.
What about it compels you — the scent or the performance (or both)?

What about it compels you — the scent or the performance (or both)?
Well, I've not had a wiff ever of the Goth or Melange, but with the Leviathan the thick nature of the lather is what I like and also the scent is bold and strong which I also like. I've ordered the Leviathan splash even though the tubs are sold out. Knowing the Goth and Melange are also omnibus is enough to make me dive in on them as the scent descriptions sound like they will suite me. I've never had anything cinnamon before, nor have I ever tried to have a seasonal scent for Christmas, so hoping Melange will scratch both of those itches.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I find the Gothique to be not nearly as strongly scented as Leviathan. But it is different and unique enough to make me love it. Definately a dark scent. Need to spend more time with it to more clearly sort out the fragrance notes. Too busy enjoying the lather to really analyze the scent. And so far, anything in Omnibus has been amazing in the performance category.

I've gotten surprisingly good results from UPS over the past two years including fast and reliable shipping from Canada. I think you're in good shape.
The thing is everybody sees priority mail as a two to day service and FREE SHIPPING! Then UPS ground and it's usually $10, give or take. It's like, do you want your package in a week and intact or do you like to spend every day chewing your fingernails checking the tracking to see which states your item is going to visit that you haven't? Sorry, derail over.

Last edited:
I have to say, I recently picked up a tub of both Leviathan and Gothique (after smelling a friend's set over a year ago). Unlike almost any other soaps from any other artisans, I've fallen in love with both. Given the limited nature, I've already bought a backup of Leviathan, and will order another tub of Gothique once the aftershaves come in. Both scents are just absolutely intoxicating, and the base has been phenomenal too.

Top Bottom