What's new

Have i found the perfect razor?

Even though Feathers are the perfect match to your razor for tough facial hair, you might be the case for using a blade with a thick polymer coating 2-3 times and binning it. That would help you focus in on which blades to try. I hate to say maybe try Astra Platinum, no I didn't say that. Crystals are still available. Maybe Gillete Rubies.

So I changed out the old blade after 7. TBH the Feather is kinda just still too sharp on the first shave. I got some irritation. It did go away pretty fast after I got out of shower, but to me what I really want is perfect on first and maybe second then toss the blade and start new every shave.
I can't endorse Wizamet Iridium Super blades enough. I can get a lot of shaves on one, and, they are consistently sharp and smooth throughout. They ruined me for any other blade. Check wizashave.com, eBay, or, even Etsy to pick them up.

Here is a link to a thread of someone who just ordered samples, might be a helpful read

So I changed out the old blade after 7. TBH the Feather is kinda just still too sharp on the first shave. I got some irritation. (...)

Ah ! I knew it.:biggrin: (see my 1st message, page 2) It was kind of predictable...
proxy.php

I don't want to be the killjoy but don't you think that a Feather blade is a bit too much and not really necessary for a lady hairs ? Their whiskers are different because they have much less testosterone and, in my opinion, don't require a blade that sharp.

But obviously, they have the right to try them anyway (and cut themselves with them:biggrin:), it's not forbidden for women..:shifty:
Ok smartypants. What should I try? I am nearly to perfect. Help me get there.

By the look of the other thread, I think you are going to get to 300 blades! Oh well, at least it will only be $60
:thumbup1:
Kind of surprised you are still on here on a Monday, surprised I am too...

This is an entertaining thread. I started with an EJ DE89 like many other people—and it would have been all I ever needed had I not joined here. The AS-D2 has been in my wishlist almost since the beginning, but the price scared me off. Of course, now I own like 50 razors, a few that cost more than the Feather, and yet I still wonder why I’ve never gotten the AS-D2. What I should do is sell some of my razors or trade for the Feather since I’ve tried to stop the madness of always buying new razors.

Welcome to the hobby. Your bank account will never forgive you once you go down the rabbit hole.

Ok smartypants. What should I try? I am nearly to perfect. Help me get there.

Thanks for the delicate compliment !:biggrin:

If i listened to myself, i would say that a blade made in a piece of wood or plastic would me more than enough for your woman whiskers.
proxy.php

But since you clearly want to shave with a man tool which are safety razors, i will answer seriously.

It's very difficult to recommend a blade for someone else because it's too subjective. In my opinion, the best advice is to buy a blade sampler and try by yourself, as mynameisguyincognito has already told you before.

I haven't used razorbladesclub yet but it has a larger selection of blades.

I am absolutely addicted to this forum and hobby.
Now I have even more time as.i broke up with my BF.
I am sorry about the laughing emoji. My sincere condolences, regardless of the reason.

Maybe you will find somebody that you can share all your newfound knowledge with who will appreciate it and you. :001_tt1:

This is an entertaining thread. I started with an EJ DE89 like many other people—and it would have been all I ever needed had I not joined here. The AS-D2 has been in my wishlist almost since the beginning, but the price scared me off. Of course, now I own like 50 razors, a few that cost more than the Feather, and yet I still wonder why I’ve never gotten the AS-D2. What I should do is sell some of my razors or trade for the Feather since I’ve tried to stop the madness of always buying new razors.

Welcome to the hobby. Your bank account will never forgive you once you go down the rabbit hole.
Ah. I was right. Just trust the reviews and suffer now rather than buy and buy till I just buy what I covet. Yay my decision! Now I get to sample blades and soaps. I have settled on the perfect razor.

Thanks for the delicate compliment !:biggrin:

If i listened to myself, i would say that a blade made in a piece of wood or plastic would me more than enough for your woman whiskers.
proxy.php

But since you clearly want to shave with a man tool which are safety razors, i will answer seriously.

It's very difficult to recommend a blade for someone else because it's too subjective. In my opinion, the best advice is to buy a blade sampler and try by yourself, as mynameisguyincognito has already told you before.
Lol sample packs will be my friend

I am sorry about the laughing emoji. My sincere condolences, regardless of the reason.

Maybe you will find somebody that you can share all your newfound knowledge with who will appreciate it and you. :001_tt1:
It was meant to be. This diversion was just what I needed. I mean really. If he doesn't want this hobby with me why would we even be together? Also, if we were great he would love it too. Also it's a guy's hobby apparently and why not just join rather than get jealous?
It was.over before this

I feel so vindicated having just bought the one I really wanted the first time. Now I get to try blades and soaps

Top Bottom