What's new

Hi newbie here

Hi everyone I wanted to make an official new person thread. I have already learned so much and love the forum. Certainly have to be careful about over buying.

I have only been using DE for like 6 months. Started with Vander Hagen set to see if it was better than cartridge. It was. Then I bought a brush and 100 blades from Amazon. I got Vander hagen puck from grocery store.

I tried a new blade every day. Voskhod was my favorite. It was mostly great shave. Felt uncomfortable to hold though and butterfly would open.

Then I bought feather ASD2 cause I could feel myself wanting to buy stuff and just wanted that to see.

I am glad I bought it. It's perfect.

Now I am going to try soaps and brushes.

I will probably ask lots of questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! It's gonna be tough to not give in to acquiring different stuff haha
It's so hard. I want a fancy stand. I want a scuttle, I want more soaps. I even kinda want a less perfect razor to have both fancy stands then I can try blades again. Feather razor just needs feather blades imho. So much fun stuff.

It's so hard. I want a fancy stand. I want a scuttle, I want more soaps. I even kinda want a less perfect razor to have both fancy stands then I can try blades again. Feather razor just needs feather blades imho. So much fun stuff.
It's fun to try different things. I ended up acquiring so many different things that I found ways to shave more often in a week. 3 pass shaves became two pass shaves so I could shave again sooner lol

Hello again, didn't expect to see you back tonight. I hope the boyfriend is no longer grumpy.:001_cool:

I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, but in case she is reading, there was another lady that joined last night with an unfortunate user name. I went back to check some older posts and she has been wiped out. I know she has been watching and said that you inspired her to join. I just want to say, I hope you get a second chance, this place is a bit conservative and you have to kind of be careful how you phrase things. We are all very welcoming, but we don't call the shots on how things are run.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Have you tried Gillette Silver Blue blades yet? You might really like them in that Feather razor. They are a great blade, and much less expensive, and.....they last longer than other blades for me.

Hello again, didn't expect to see you back tonight. I hope the boyfriend is no longer grumpy.:001_cool:

I hope you don't mind me mentioning it, but in case she is reading, there was another lady that joined last night with an unfortunate user name. I went back to check some older posts and she has been wiped out. I know she has been watching and said that you inspired her to join. I just want to say, I hope you get a second chance, this place is a bit conservative and you have to kind of be careful how you phrase things. We are all very welcoming, but we don't call the shots on how things are run.
He is less grumpy. We ate and he is playing video games atm. I am addicted to this place. I practiced making lather again. He was like omg why?

Causenits fun!

Have you tried Gillette Silver Blue blades yet? You might really like them in that Feather razor. They are a great blade, and much less expensive, and.....they last longer than other blades for me.
Also yeah I saw her tok we chatted. I think she rejoined today under a new name. Not sure exactly.

I have tried those. I really liked them in the Vander Hagen and bought 100. Then I changed my mind and liked Voskhod better.

I tried both in the Feather and I know I like that super duper sharpness.

If you haven't seen yet, Voskods have some of the worst quality control. Many of us love them, but wish they would get that under control. There have been people having to toss out hundreds that were from the same batch. It's best not to order more than 100 at a time, preferably from different sources. If you get a Henson, they work great in there. If you ever feel like you have a bad blade, just bin it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have tried those. I really liked them in the Vander Hagen and bought 100. Then I changed my mind and liked Voskhod better.

I tried both in the Feather and I know I like that super duper sharpness.
It's good to know what you like. And honestly, the Voskhod blade doesn't get as much love, but it's a great blade too. I can't remember, but I think that one is better on it's second use. I know for a fact that is the case for the GSB, at least on my face.

And yes guys: my face is STILL incredibly handsome! Just ask Mom!

If you haven't seen yet, Voskods have some of the worst quality control. Many of us love them, but wish they would get that under control. There have been people having to toss out hundreds that were from the same batch. It's best not to order more than 100 at a time, preferably from different sources. If you get a Henson, they work great in there. If you ever feel like you have a bad blade, just bin it.
I must have gotten lucky cause my 100 pack was consistently good. I was very impressed with its smooth feeling. I figured it was the teflon

Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you are well on your way and are figuring out what works best for you. I’m having a lot of fun doing the same. This is a great place to learn and to interact with some genuinely nice people.

Welcome to the forum. I have to say, I am amazed that you like the VDH blades. To me, those are one of the worst blades I have ever used. It just goes to show that YMMV is a very real thing in the DE blade world. I like the Wilkinson Sword German blades. Many here, not so much. My fave is the Gillette Platinum Plus..with the Rubie a close second.

Top Bottom