What's new

Have i found the perfect razor?

Hi everyone I am new. So I am decently new to DE razors and got so tired of buying cartridges. I was buying Mach 3 at Costco. Hated fusion and Venus. Anyway, so I got the Vander hagen set at target. I also, ordered 100 blade sample pack from Amazon.
I have super duper sensitive skin btw and not thick or corse hair. Also I shave my legs and bikini area along with parts of face.
So I found I broke out way less and since it's cheap I could throw away blade after every use.
I found I liked Voskhod blades best. At first I liked Silver Blue but changed my mind.

I didn't like twist chrome handle though as maneuvering by feel and switching sides fast could open blade.

So then I saw this feather ASD2 set in Amazon. So cute. Also grippy.
I ordered that.

Umm omg inhave been using it every day for a couple months. It seems perfect. Must use their blades though. No bumps and fast and smooth so so smooth.

I kinda love to review things and I can't imagine a product being better than this.

I do want to test my theory. Cause we'll I can't really declare this the best product if it's literally the only second one I ever tried.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210330_165913.jpg
    20210330_165913.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
The ASD2 is considered a mild razor but paired with Feathers - which are deemed the sharpest on the market - I guess it’s very efficient. So for your use case it sounds like a perfect fit :thumbsup:

Other people/men with different hair types (like copper wire for instance) will come to other conclusions about this razor. Like often in this hobby it’s a YMMV thing as shaving is such an individual thing.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Another nice razor AL13 by Henson with different colors and made of Aluminum. They started making them 2 years ago and folks just enjoy them. They are kind of a Unisex razor and enjoyed because they are mild to the skin and good for sensitive areas.
The Feather ASD2 is world recognized and is a mild razor as you already know , some folks love that razor and is well built. If you find it to mild you can always put a Kai SS blade in it and will give it some more efficentcy. The Kai blade is wider than a standard blade by 4.5/1000 of inch per side and I use it in my mild razors for better blade feel. Enjoy!
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide.jpg
Have some great shaves!

Another nice razor AL13 by Henson with different colors and made of Aluminum. They started making them 2 years ago and folks just enjoy them. They are kind of a Unisex razor and enjoyed because they are mild to the skin and good for sensitive areas.
The Feather ASD2 is world recognized and is a mild razor as you already know , some folks love that razor and is well built. If you find it to mild you can always put a Kai SS blade in it and will give it some more efficentcy. The Kai blade is wider than a standard blade by 4.5/1000 of inch per side and I use it in my mild razors for better blade feel. Enjoy!
View attachment 1358637
Have some great shaves!
Thank you. I will try some

I've been collecting vintage double edge razors for 10+ years and have a large Gillette collection.
Not to long ago I bought a lot of razors, and included was a Feather ASD2-S (s for stand included)...
You did well. Somehow I've also acquired about a dozen high end new razors over the last year.
Of everything I own, I'd put the ASD2 at the tippy top of comfortable efficient shavers.
Thing is, as you know, they're very pricey...What I'd compare it to in the vintage world is a Gillette Tech, which will cost you $10-20 deepening on if it looks used or brand new!

BTW, coochie cream? Really? Making me a little uncomfortable... blushing lol!

My final thoughts, check out the Gillette Lady Blue Star (or pink or champagne). Very nice shaver, and long handled, meant to give a lady (or anyone shaving their legs) the reach they need. The lady blue star is to the right of the one with the key ring...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-234436_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-234436_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
I've been collecting vintage double edge razors for 10+ years and have a large Gillette collection.
Not to long ago I bought a lot of razors, and included was a Feather ASD2-S (s for stand included)...
You did well. Somehow I've also acquired about a dozen high end new razors over the last year.
Of everything I own, if put the ASD2 at the tippy top of comfortable efficiency shavers.
Thing is, as you know, they're very pricey...What I'd compare it to in the vintage world is a Gillette Tech, which will cost you $10-20 deepening on if it looks used it brand new!

BTW, coochie cream?! Making me a little uncomfortable... blushing lol!

My final thoughts, check out the Gillette Lady Blue Star (or pink or champagne). Very nice shaver, and long handled, meant to give a lady (or anyone shaving their legs) the reach they need. The lady blue star is to the right of the one with the key ring...
Lol yeah the name of the cream is goofy. It's a super popular women's shave cream though. Pure romance is like Mary Kay and that's their best product for sure.

Lol yeah the name of the cream is goofy. It's a super popular women's shave cream though. Pure romance is like Mary Kay and that's their best product for sure.
Honestly I think you need look no further than your Feather... but for variety and fun a nice tech and a Gillette lady will get you on your way to a little collection.
Then there are Schick lady eversharp injectors. I've got a blue one and a pink one, would be happy to pif either to you with some blades to try.

Top Bottom