What's new

The ‘Stackable’ razor in Geo F Trumpers.

I am not making this up I promise. In Geo F Trumpers they sell what is a ‘stackable’ razor. Basically it stacks two DE blades on top of each other effectively turning it into a conventional twin blade razor; albeit with 2 set of edges on each side.

Any thoughts on this please? Has anyone used such a razor?

Jason.

ABF67C0D-76A1-424C-8D9A-6AC22FF703D2.jpeg
Like this?
I say bulky and a gimmick. There are 2 bladed Injectors, they might work well with their narrow head.

View attachment 1358333Like this?
I say bulky and a gimmick. There are 2 bladed Injectors, they might work well with their narrow head.
Thanks for that. That was exactly what I was referring to. Even the salesman in GFT said ''If really want a twin blade razor you may as well buy a pack of Gillette disposables''. I think that razor looks ugly and I wouldn't want it in my bathroom.

Jason.

Yeah, double edge razors are a special design. They do as good a job as any of making one blade very rigid and efficient. I think multi-blade setups are best suited for single sided razor designs like the carts and the injectors. I happen to prefer a single blade, which is why I love DEs.

There are vintage "Twin" blades floating around that fit a conventional razor if you are Bi(edge)-curious...

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Maxwell June razor takes a single DE blade and folds it in half in the head making a one sided two blade razor.
I did like the Trac II razors and the Maxwell June shaves very well.

Does the razor fold or snap it or do you have to do it yourself? I’ve seen them but haven’t quite figured it out.
The Maxwell June razor takes a single DE blade and folds it in half in the head making a one sided two blade razor.
I did like the Trac II razors and the Maxwell June shaves very well.

Thanks for that. That was exactly what I was referring to. Even the salesman in GFT said ''If really want a twin blade razor you may as well buy a pack of Gillette disposables''. I think that razor looks ugly and I wouldn't want it in my bathroom.

Jason.
Odd thing for a salesman to say. Couldn't he also say, "if you really want a single blade razor you may as well buy a pack of Bic disposables"...or Aqua Velva aftershave rather than Trumpers, etc.

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Odd thing for a salesman to say. Couldn't he also say, "if you really want a single blade razor you may as well buy a pack of Bic disposables"...or Aqua Velva aftershave rather than Trumpers, etc.

My thought was what you're seeing is the difference between a "sales" person who's just there to convince the customer to lay down some cash for crap and a true sales person who knows that helping the customer sort out what they can best use will generate repeat business even if this sale doesn't go through. Always a joy to find someone who knows the product line well enough to be honest when someone has a question.

O.H.

he wouldn’t say that because Trumper’s colognes and aftershaves are in another league vs Aqua Velva (which is also very good by the way)

Thanks for your replies. Another thing that came to mind was that one could start mixing blades on it (just for the sake of argument a Merkur and a Feather) for whatever reason. To me that would introduce too many comparison variables (which combo works best).

This argument may also be aimed at the Leaf razor that uses 1, 2 or 3 DE blades snapped in half to fit it but that’s another story.

Jason.

Top Bottom