What's new

Ground control to Major Razorock

What's up with the AS supply? Is it just me or "out of stock" has been a way too long theme there for most of their AS varieties.

Moreover the last bottle of Stallion I got smelled like Mr. Clean meets Lysol meets even more amonia meets pine sol. I've had several bottles of Stallion before that were great but not this was completely different. This wasn't something anybody would desire for their face.

I contacted them (no phone number) via email notifying them of the issue expecting a replacement bottle of the proper fragrance. I was told that can't happen but here's a 15$ credit toward next purchase. I'm in business and certainly remedy an issue like that immediately...as in replace the defective product with a proper one.
Nonetheless I can't splash a credit on my face after a shave but I can't even use this credit because there's nothing in stock of what I use and there hasn't been for quite some time.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Nothing is moving. It has nothing to do with Italian Barber. First there was a pandemic that literally shut down the entire Italian nation for months. Now there are dozens of ships are sitting off the New Jersey coast filled with European goods. Your after shave is probably sitting offshore near Elizabeth, NJ. It's even worse on the west coast. I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it- the worldwide supply chain has broken down. It's been all over the news for quite some time.

While I prefer Captain's Choice or Ogallala bay rum aftershaves that fade quickly, I have noticed that my favorite RR shave soap, Plague Doctor, has been out of stock for many months. Good thing I bought a few tubs last year to have in reserve.

I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it- the worldwide supply chain has broken down. It's been all over the news for quite some time.
Yeah I've seen it in all industries.
Limited stock or low stock but there is in fact "some" stock that shows up.
This is zero stock since pretty much the Nam...there's more to it than just Corona.

I was looking at Fine aftershaves over the weekend and they’re almost all out of stock, too. And they’ve cut the number of scents available—no idea if that’s permanent or temporary.

Nothing is moving. It has nothing to do with Italian Barber. First there was a pandemic that literally shut down the entire Italian nation for months. Now there are dozens of ships are sitting off the New Jersey coast filled with European goods. Your after shave is probably sitting offshore near Elizabeth, NJ. It's even worse on the west coast. I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it- the worldwide supply chain has broken down. It's been all over the news for quite some time.
Isn't Italian Barber a Canadian company?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I think Quebec is the shortest route. There's other ports like Halifax and Saint John, also.
With our current free trade agreements with Canada and Mexico the products might enter the US at NJ and then cross the border into Ontario by truck. I really don't know.

Yes... a Canadian company that imports most of its aftershaves/soaps etc from Italy. So I imagine the aftershave is sitting on a ship in the Gulf of St Lawrence.
I had thought they made their aftershaves in-house in Canada but upon checking their site, I see Stallion (and presumably others) say "made in Italy." Maybe it's time for them to try their own hand at blending.

We, Canadians and Americans mostly, are in a heap of trouble. Our ports are congested and outmoded, we are short on truck drivers (to the tune of a couple hundred thousand), and our systems for trucking, drayage, rail, ports, etc. don't talk to each other like they do in Europe.

I am in building materials and it has been an absolute nightmare.

In respect to the OP though, Italian Barber has been out of American Barber AS for a year now. Sheesh!

It looks like we need to wait until the Pandemic winds down before the supply chain straightens out. :a21:

It looks like we need to wait until the Pandemic winds down before the supply chain straightens out. :a21:
Good luck with that. The logistics of things are completely upside down and the pandemic could end tomorrow and then what? All these truckers going to start hauling? All the Longshoresmen going to start unloading barges?
There's a real problem here that needs remedied....but won't be.
L
A
Z
I
N
E
S
S

Too many people that got paid not to work appear to have enjoyed it too much....

Now the government is literally kissing people's *** to get on food stamps (my son got a mailer from them to which he laughed and said never) the point is the government is obliging...promoting this stuff and the pandemic still isn't over...yes...real problem.

I'm pissing and moaning about some aftershave...this Christmas will be interesting for sure.

The way corporate America works today, I could see some executive look at figures that say such and such product isn't selling, ignoring the fact that the product has limited supply and cancel it in order to minimize stock of low selling product or something.

Then when everything returns to "normal," the remaining items aren't selling and they have canceled their most popular products. But at least they maximized the value for shareholders or something.

I may have read too much Dilbert.

Last edited:
Top Bottom