What's new

Broman SE Razor First Use & Thoughts

Is me still on the list for this year
Just loaded the broman with a kcg so that is today shave thanks for the inspiration
no worries buddy, still need to use that SNIRM baby futur adjustable razor your recomended me, just looked at it when i first pruchased it but never used it yet lol

Yeah - the Twig looks really great! My next purchase will either be a Twig or a Supply Injector.
honestly its really good, theres even a more aggressive version out there which i havent tried but honestly the standard twig does the job with ease

sometimes i think wouldve been amazing having a pivoting head on it but at the same time if youve ever used an injector razor like the schick youll realise that the shaving angl on the twig is just like automatically set so you find it with ease so yea i can sort of see why they decided against the pivoting head tbh

Perhaps off-topic, but what's the point of having a SE razor that utilizes half DE blades? Does it not make more sense to use a regular DE razor, instead?

To me, a true SE razor is the one that loads GEM, old Shick injector and AC blades. These blades are tick and rigid and provide noticeably different shaving experience, while DE blade snapped in half is still just a plain DE blade...

Maybe I'm missing something here...
I am with you on this Dave. But, the point as I understand it is the low profile head and not having a second edge on the back to cut things you didn’t intend to. They are marketed to body shavers, you can see the advantage there. Plus, lighter hair doesn’t benefit as much from the more rigid blade.

tldr: marketing and body shavers

I have the Broman. I had high hopes for it with its 20 degree blade angle, but the but it doesn't provide enough blade exposure for that angle. Add to that the pivoting head that "buckles" if you put pressure, and I simply can't get a comfortable shave with it. It seems to catch the stubble mid hair, with a lot of tugging as a result.

I have the Broman. I had high hopes for it with its 20 degree blade angle, but the but it doesn't provide enough blade exposure for that angle. Add to that the pivoting head that "buckles" if you put pressure, and I simply can't get a comfortable shave with it. It seems to catch the stubble mid hair, with a lot of tugging as a result.
You should sell it then--you shouldn't have a problem finding motivated buyers--it is currently otherwise unobtainable and there seems to be a demand ...

Reactions: saj
You should sell it then--you shouldn't have a problem finding motivated buyers--it is currently otherwise unobtainable and there seems to be a demand ...
i dont think ill be using it as its way too mild but im keeping as it took me a hwile to get one and also because you cant get them unless second hand

I should have mentioned that I had a 7 day stubble when I used it, which is normal for me when I shave. Maybe it was too much for it.

But as someone else said, I'm hesitant to let it go since it isn't manufactured any more.

I should have mentioned that I had a 7 day stubble when I used it, which is normal for me when I shave. Maybe it was too much for it.

But as someone else said, I'm hesitant to let it go since it isn't manufactured any more.
for me even with a few days of growth it struggles even with a sharp feather loaded too

Hi,

I am searching for the Broman razor. Can someone let me know of a good place to look for one.

BR,
Tommy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also love to try (i.e., purchase) a Broman. They seem quite elegant and value-laden. It is too bad that the company appears to be out of business.

Top Bottom