What's new

SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" NOVEMBER 1st - NOVEMBER 7th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme Week time, all!

It's time to show some love for our supporting vendors all week if you can. Let’s see those Rudy Vey, Paladin, Simpson and Elite brushes, Captains Choice bowls and soaps, Above The Tie and Blackland razors, Tony Miller strops or maybe something you have bought from our friends at West Coast Shaving.

Be creative and have fun. THIS is mandatory. 👍

Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Extra points and bragging rights for being creative!

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick Injector (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2013 SE Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Prohibition Style
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Shiver Me Timber's
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: TSD Subzero

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
21D54913-26AE-41C8-B711-4D98DD6A4CF5.jpeg
Monday 1st Movember 2021

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapA&E Revolution, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Synthesis G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorRazoRock Game Changer 84, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeAstra SP, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragranceCalvin Klein Crave, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

Last edited:
Mon 1st Nov SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor NOS Henkotsu Kamisori
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Stirling Iced Pineapple
Very nice lather from this soap. The scent, creaminess, and slick qualities are just great!
Another enjoyable shave with this Kamisori. So easy, so smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a dfs+ finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome.
20211101_113835.jpg

Mon 1st Nov SR SOTD
Very nice lather from this soap. The scent, creaminess, and slick qualities are just great!
Another enjoyable shave with this Kamisori. So easy, so smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a dfs+ finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome.
View attachment 1355697
Happy Birthday :happybday:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Mon 1st Nov SR SOTD
View attachment 1355697
proxy.php

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D89D2756-9CEF-4A76-8F3C-51D78DE9B36B.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Long Rifle Voyageur Shaving Soap.
3) Russia: Razor Blade Astra SP.
4) USA: Razor Y2 Gillette Black Beauty.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

• Brush: Declaration Washington 1826 Days B7+ 28mm
  • Razor: Thiers-Issard Evide Sonnant Extra 5/8
  • Lather: Tallow + Steel - Merchandise 7X - Soap
  • Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Seville - Balm

The only strop that i have is a Tony Miller and the only Paladin brush that i have is on loan so only the strop and some soaps from WCS for this week theme.

proxy.php

46DE6907-CF6E-4C71-A32D-D15E92891618.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 1, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured the Smith Bros 11/16. This razor has a phenomenal edge thanks to the 9 Ball Slate. It is recently returned from the Sandpoint ID Razor beauty spa where it was fitted with a new set of scales by the proprietor, Glen Mercurio. The new scales fit the razor much better and impart a better sense of b early alance than the former, much slimmer, original horn, insect eaten scales.

This morning’s mug shave sheared away my whiskers in what has evolved into a regular two and a half pass regimen. The first two passes cleared everything away to the jawline. The final half pass focused exclusively on the neck and consisted of some very careful scything passes on each side of the Adam’s Apple followed by some final flatblading leaving me as smooth as my great-granddaughter's bottom.

Since I spent last month almost exclusively with my OC safety razors, I decided to kick off the first shave in November with my Cooper Kant-Rust, a vintage safety razor manufactured in Brooklyn, NY in the early thirties. It has a knurled hexagonal handle that is quite slip-proof, and delivered a velveteen smooth two pass ATG shave leaving your happy narrator very pleased with the results.

RAZOR: Smith Bros. 11/16 (Mug), Cooper Kant-Rust (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Nuavia Blue
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Thayers WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Canoe EdT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom