What's new

I take it tabac

When I first started shaving I gave tabac a try and really didn’t like it I couldn’t get a half decent lather out of it so I came here and said my bit….welp now a couple years later I thought you know what I’ll try it again ….lo and behold it was super thick and slick …I take what I said tabac..it’s fairly good stuff I just didn’t know how to lather it properly back then… mmm that musky smell

Attachments

• 053D3DBD-E6A8-4137-89DE-895ABAAC83E0.jpeg
    053D3DBD-E6A8-4137-89DE-895ABAAC83E0.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 47
  • A74DC0D2-3EF7-4725-A7EB-CD1D207CC062.jpeg
    A74DC0D2-3EF7-4725-A7EB-CD1D207CC062.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 46

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Good for you. I wasn't crazy about the smell my first few times I tried it, but have grown to love it.

Except on those days I don't, lol!

Sorry y'all, but some days that soap smells like my grandma's purse, which is okay......but on other days it smells like my grandma's purse that was buried with her! True story doggone!

Good for you. I wasn't crazy about the smell my first few times I tried it, but have grown to love it.

Except on those days I don't, lol!

Sorry y'all, but some days that soap smells like my grandma's purse, which is okay......but on other days it smells like my grandma's purse that was buried with her! True story doggone!
😂oof

I only began using Tabac this month (after years of using other shaving soaps). IMHO, Tabac is one of (if not the) easiest soaps with which to build a good lather. It has a huge usable lather window, which leads to such a giant margin for error that a number of Tabac users will complain about how difficult it is to build a lather with some other soaps (including ones I love and with which I've managed enjoyable lathers).

IMHO, the key to Tabac is to load the brush heavily with soap and then slowly add water to the lather. Tabac will work as a thicker lather and it will also work as a thinner lather (hence, the huge usable lather window).

I cannot imagine anyone struggling to make a lather with Tabac.

As for the scent, it's heavenly! I just wish it were stronger! (I also regret airing out my puck before I used it!) I'd take the scent of a puck if Tabac over that of a stick if Arko any day of the week (and twice on Sundays!).

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is good stuff. The initial scent I found to be very interesting. I was not sure if I liked it or not. I leave my Tabac refill in a wooden bowl with the lid off.

I wasn't too keen on Tabac, especially the scent, when I first tried it either. Came real close to getting rid of it a few times. Here I'm am, four years later and .... I'm pretty sure I'll never finish what came with the ceramic bowl let alone the refill puck. It's a great soap no doubt, but there's other soaps I enjoy more.

When I opened my first stick of Tabac I was taken aback by the pungent, floral scent. A very strange choice for a man's shaving soap. How exactly are we supposed to shave wearing a gas mask?

A year on, and the same stick has lost the strong floral profile and it just smells lovely. If lavender, sea buckthorn and citrus are fresh, bright Spring/Summer scents this is a great dark Autumn scent.

I used Tabac almost exclusively when I was learning to shave with straights. Slippery, well-lubricated shaves help a naked edge glide across the skin without harm. I'm going to miss the original Tabac formula when my stick runs out, some time later this century.

I really enjoy Tabac. I enjoy the scent and almost has a nostalgic scent but can't quite place where from.

The performance for me is good to very good. I like the thick slick lather it provides. I find it very easy to lather too.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I really enjoy Tabac. I enjoy the scent and almost has a nostalgic scent but can't quite place where from.

The performance for me is good to very good. I like the thick slick lather it provides. I find it very easy to lather too.
Go to your nearest Salvation Army re-store.

Find an old purse. Stick your head in as deep as you can.

THAT is where you can place it from!

Egyptian Musk - unmistakable smell it in incense …oils resins perfumes etc …

That to and inside of coffins ..mummy’s etc 😂 hence why I thought that granny’s purse from salvos was funny

Top Bottom