Timeless🇺🇸 Ti Polished :thumbup:
$300
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)

Timeless 🇺🇸 Ti .68 Smooth Matte :badger:
$250
(Comfort 10, Efficiency 9.9)

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53 😃

$65
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 BBS 😐
$70
(Comfort 7, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 GameChanger .68 :a14:
$65
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Lupo .72 🐺
$70
(Comfort 4 😿, Efficiency 8)

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild :a14:
$70

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9.5)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Mild :badger:
$250
(Comfort 9.9, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium :a14:
$250
(Comfort 9.75, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Aggressive 🤔
$250
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.8)

Giesen and Forsthoff 🇩🇪 Timor ☹1353
$40
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 5)

Baili 176 🇨🇳 :rolleyes:
$13.02
(Comfort 5, Efficiency 5)

Carbon CX-Ti .68 R2 🇺🇸 :thumbup:
$358
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.5)

Fatip Testina Gentile 🇮🇹 🤔
$30
(Comfort 9...but Handle/Balance= 👎 , Efficiency 8)

Blackland
Blackbird Ti 🇺🇸 😲
🗡
$300
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 10)

King C. Gillette 🇨🇳 :a14:
$23
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9)

Haircut & Shave Co. 🇺🇲 :)
Z074 Ti-5

$400

Edwin Jagger 🇬🇧 :)
DE89

$40
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 8)

Mühle 🇩🇪 🤨
R89
$45
(Comfort 6, Efficiency 7)

Wolfman 🇨🇦 🏆 🎉🥇
WR2 SS .95 :thumbup:

$200 (Head)
(Comfort 9.9 WTG, 10.0 ATG!!, Efficiency 10)

Blackland 🇺🇸 🏆🎉 🥇
Vector Ti
(Polished) :thumbup:
$390
(Comfort 9.8, Efficiency 10, Agility 10+)

The Wolf 🇨🇦and the Vector 🇺🇸are simply the best razors I've ever used, in terms of both smoothness and efficiency.
In the 🐺, James has allowed me for the first time to get a BBS with zero irritation.
In the ⬆️, Shane has created a new paradigm. The razor feels like an extension of your hand...like I have a blade on the tip of my finger and I'm in complete control.
These two men are total geniuses who have taken all that has gone before them and brought it up to a whole new level...like the way Mozart learned everything from his teacher Haydn, and became the greatest composer ever. We are fortunate to be living in the era of classical razor artisans 🪒 the way the 18th century was the era of Classical composers 🎶 Beethoven/Mozart=James/Shane. Long after we're dead, gents will be paying a lot of money (a lot more money) for these razors.

New Top Three (Comfort):

1. Wolfman WR2 SS .95
2. Timeless Ti .68
3. Henson Ti Mild

N.B.
These are the most comfortable razors. However, the best overall razors (in terms of comfort and efficiency) are:

1. Wolfman WR2 SS .95
1. Blackland Vector Ti
3. Timeless Ti .68

The Wolf and the Vector are tied for 1st place, even though they are radically different razors!

Last edited:
OK...let the fun come to a conclusion...again! 🪒 :a30:🪒 😆

Single Elimination Tournament....

Introducing the Competitors:

Rockwell :) 🇨🇦
6C

$50
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 6)

Tatara 😘🇵🇹
Masamune

$200
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 8)

Above The Tie :thumbup: 🇺🇸
Windsor SSM-1

$185

Feather 😊 🇯🇵
AS-D2

$175

Karve :) 🇨🇦
CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti Polished :thumbup:
$300

Timeless 🇺🇸 Ti .68 Smooth Matte :badger:
$250
(Comfort 10, Efficiency 9.9)

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53 😃

$65
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 8)

RazoRock 🇨🇦 BBS 😐
$70

RazoRock 🇨🇦 GameChanger .68 :a14:
$65

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Lupo .72 🐺
$70
(Comfort 4 😿, Efficiency 8)

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Mild :a14:
$70

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13-Medium :a14:
$70
(Comfort 9.5, Efficiency 9.5)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Mild :badger:
$250
(Comfort 9.9, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Medium :a14:
$250
(Comfort 9.75, Efficiency 9.75)

Henson 🇨🇦 Ti22-Aggressive 🤔
$250

Giesen and Forsthoff 🇩🇪 Timor ☹1353
$40
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 5)

Baili 176 🇨🇳 :rolleyes:
$13.02
(Comfort 5, Efficiency 5)

Carbon CX-Ti .68 R2 🇺🇸 :thumbup:
$358
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9.5)

Fatip Testina Gentile 🇮🇹 🤔
$30
(Comfort 9...but Handle/Balance= 👎 , Efficiency 8)

Blackland
Blackbird Ti 🇺🇸 😲
🗡
$300
(Comfort 4, Efficiency 10)

King C. Gillette 🇨🇳 :a14:
$23
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 9)

Haircut & Shave Co. 🇺🇲 :)
Z074 Ti-5

$400

Edwin Jagger 🇬🇧 :)
DE89

$40
(Comfort 8, Efficiency 8)

Mühle 🇩🇪 🤨
R89
$45
(Comfort 6, Efficiency 7)

Wolfman 🇨🇦 🏆 🎉🥇
WR2 SS .95 :thumbup:

$200 (Head)
(Comfort 9.9 WTG, 10.0 ATG!!, Efficiency 10)

Blackland 🇺🇸 🏆🎉 🥇
Vector Ti
(Polished) :thumbup:
$390
(Comfort 9.8, Efficiency 10, Agility 10+)

The Wolf 🇨🇦and the Vector 🇺🇸are simply the best razors I've ever used, in terms of both smoothness and efficiency.
In the 🐺, James has allowed me for the first time to get a BBS with zero irritation.
In the ⬆️, Shane has created a new paradigm. The razor feels like an extension of your hand...like I have a blade on the tip of my finger and I'm in complete control.
These two men are total geniuses who have taken all that has gone before them and brought it up to a whole new level...like the way Mozart learned everything from his teacher Haydn, and became the greatest composer ever. We are fortunate to be living in the era of classical razor artisans 🪒 the way the 18th century was the era of Classical composers 🎶 Beethoven/Mozart=James/Shane. Long after we're dead, gents will be paying a lot of money (a lot more money) for these razors.

New Top Three (Comfort):

1. Wolfman WR2 SS .95
2. Timeless Ti .68
3. Henson Ti Mild

N.B.
These are the most comfortable razors. However, the best overall razors (in terms of comfort and efficiency) are:

1. Wolfman WR2 SS .95
1. Blackland Vector Ti
3. Timeless Ti .68

The Wolf and the Vector are tied for 1st place, even though they are radically different razors!
What finish does your Wolfman have?
Also, what do you attribute the comfort to (blade angle, exposure, etc...)?

What finish does your Wolfman have?
Also, what do you attribute the comfort to (blade angle, exposure, etc...)?
I got the cheapest finish (matte).
I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♂️ why it’s so comfortable. It’s probably a combination of things…the two you mentioned plus the unique clamping and whatever else makes up head design/geometry. When you see it in person, you realize that the fit and finish are at a completely different level. This not only makes it beautiful to look at, but speaks to the overall quality of James’ craftsmanship. To say that he’s a perfectionist would be an understatement. The tight tolerances he achieves as a result no doubt bolster the overall performance (comfort and efficiency)…sort of like what separates a luxury vehicle from a regular one.

@Kennyg2019: would a Razorock handle fit the Wolfman?

If the Timeless is barely smoother than the Henson Medium, how would you describe the Wolfman compared to the Timeless and Henson?

Could you also please compare the Mamba 53 to the above?

I'm asking because I just received the Henson and I have the Mamba 53 incoming; I'm trying to figure out if I should go Timeless or Wolfman next.

Yes, RR handles should fit the Wolfman head. They're both standard thread size.

Henson, Timeless, and Wolfman are all very smooth WTG and XTG. What separates the WR2 from the rest of the pack is ATG. As I said, I have very sensitive skin. The Wolf is the only razor that allowed me BBS without irritation. If you have normal skin, that might not be an issue. Also, if you're only interested in DFS (which I was until I received my Wolfman), then any of these will get the job done!

The Mamba is also smooth, but it's been a while since I used it (or any RR), because I prefer lighter razors...so I can't really give you a head-to-head comparison. Once I tried Ti is was lights out for SS...and RazoRock certainly doesn't skimp with the amount of steel they use! That being said, many, if not most guys, around here enjoy the heft of steel...some even prefer heavier metals such as brass or copper!

Yes, RR handles should fit the Wolfman head. They're both standard thread size.

Henson, Timeless, and Wolfman are all very smooth WTG and XTG. What separates the WR2 from the rest of the pack is ATG. As I said, I have very sensitive skin. The Wolf is the only razor that allowed me BBS without irritation. If you have normal skin, that might not be an issue. Also, if you're only interested in DFS (which I was until I received my Wolfman), then any of these will get the job done!

The Mamba is also smooth, but it's been a while since I used it (or any RR), because I prefer lighter razors...so I can't really give you a head-to-head comparison. Once I tried Ti is was lights out for SS...and RazoRock certainly doesn't skimp with the amount of steel they use! That being said, many, if not most guys, around here enjoy the heft of steel...some even prefer heavier metals such as brass or copper!
I have extremely sensitive skin and only do one pass WTG because of it, and even then I can't shave for several days. I'm happy with a DFS, I just want to reduce the irritation for that single pass.

But if they are all extremely similar WTG it may not be worth getting the Wolf nor Timeless. That's great to know!

I have extremely sensitive skin and only do one pass WTG because of it, and even then I can't shave for several days. I'm happy with a DFS, I just want to reduce the irritation for that single pass.

But if they are all extremely similar WTG it may not be worth getting the Wolf nor Timeless. That's great to know!
I also have extremely sensitive skin.
The Henson Mild is the least traumatic to my skin with great efficiency.

You think the Mild can handle 7 days of growth of fairly dense stubble?

I ended up with the medium because I shave about once per week, but will likely pick up the mild during Black Friday.

Nice pun. :)

With the WR2, it sounds like you would have a head-heavy setup because the handle was Ti, correct?
Only slightly head heavy. The Wolf head doesn’t feel that heavy…and a lot of guys use their favorite Ti handles with it. I wouldn’t recommend any SS handle unless you really enjoy the extra heft. I’d rather have a lighter, slightly imbalanced setup as opposed to a perfectly balanced heavier one.

I ended up with the medium because I shave about once per week, but will likely pick up the mild during Black Friday.
I shave daily.
I can't comment on how it would handle 7 days of growth.

Yeah, I think most razors do a pretty good job WTG…although even there you can tell a slight difference. Since your skin sounds even more sensitive than mine, you might be able to pick up more of a difference.
Although I use modern razors almost exclusively, there is one vintage razor that tops them all in terms of smoothness: the Gillette Aristocrat (4th Gen) Made in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 As a bonus, it’s also the best-looking….
743E40D6-6138-4E81-98B2-FA436647D273.jpeg
If my skin was as sensitive as yours, I would try this ☝🏻 And, yes, it can handle several days growth no problem 😉
The only con is that it’s pricey! 💰💰
And it has a short handle like most vintage razors 🪒
And it has a little heft.
Other than that, it’s the perfect razor 😂

Last edited:

My own experience says no if you are going for one pass only. I have both the mild and medium, and I did a side-by-side comparison on 1.5 days growth where I did not repeat strokes or go over an area more than one time per pass. After the WTG pass, the mild left much more stubble. However, after 3 passes both mild side and medium side ended at the same DFS+ finish.

Yeah, I think most razors do a pretty good job WTG…although even there you can tell a slight difference. Since your skin sounds even more sensitive than mine, you might be able to pick up more of a difference.
Although I use modern razors almost exclusively, there is one vintage razor that tops them all in terms of smoothness: the Gillette Aristocrat (4th Gen) Made in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 As a bonus, it’s also the best-looking….
View attachment 1351991
If my skin was as sensitive as yours, I would try this ☝🏻 And, yes, it can handle several days growth no problem 😉
The only con is that it’s pricey! 💰💰
And it has a short handle like most vintage razors 🪒
And it has a little heft.
Other than that, it’s the perfect razor 😂
I'll definitely look into it, thanks! 🙂

On a side note, I have high hopes for the Mamba 53: I saw a close up pic here of its extremely shallow blade angle of 16⁰ (the reason I bought it, along with your own rating here). That's half of Henson's 30⁰ and should make for a very different shave, with much less scraping and more of a cutting action. That's the theory at least...

My own experience says no if you are going for one pass only. I have both the mild and medium, and I did a side-by-side comparison on 1.5 days growth where I did not repeat strokes or go over an area more than one time per pass. After the WTG pass, the mild left much more stubble. However, after 3 passes both mild side and medium side ended at the same DFS+ finish.
That's exactly the kind of info I need, thank you!

Reactions: ewk

On a side note, I have high hopes for the Mamba 53: I saw a close up pic here of its extremely shallow blade angle of 16⁰ (the reason I bought it, along with your own rating here). That's half of Henson's 30⁰ and should make for a very different shave, with much less scraping and more of a cutting action. That's the theory at least...
The Mamba is great once you find and maintain the angle.
It shaves pretty shallow though, as in, you need to ride the cap.

I have the mamba 53 also :)

the mamba 53 is close to the Henson Mild in overall feel and both are great ATG
I do agree bout the angle thing you said
both have narrow Sweet spots but both are in dif areas/angles

Top Bottom