What's new

Joining from Munich

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, my heartfelt welcome to Badger & Blade. This is the finest community on the web, reserved to the finest Gentlemen all over the world. For any help or tip just ask, we are here for you. :001_smile

Only have visited Munich a few times, but one of my favorite cities! Welcome to B&B! As @steveclarkus said, there is a section for straights with forums on the razors as well as honing, restoration, etc.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am happy you enjoyed your trips to Munich. It really is a beautiful city with many wonderful possibilities for outdoor activities in our surrounding lakes and nearby Alps or just sitting in one of our many beer gardens enjoying our delicious Gerstensaft🙂

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
By the way, your avatar is AWESOME, don't ever change it. Too many around here change their avatars like they change their socks. :lol: Your Floid avatar is perfect!

By the way, your avatar is AWESOME, don't ever change it. Too many around here change their avatars like they change their socks. :lol: Your Floid avatar is perfect!
Thanks buddy, actually I was indeed thinking about changing the avatar. The Floyd guy was kind of my first thought, but the more I look at it, the more I think that the guy is looking a bit weird...

But then again... most guys on vintage shave ads Look strange😅 want a proof?

listertineshaving5.jpg
il_340x270.2648591737_gann.jpg
blades-of-glory-vintage-men-s-grooming-ads-1476934660889.jpg
0b1130ac8237750e5f5c0e43f584e83a.jpg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hmmm, they do look a bit lunatic. That last guy looks ... creepy? Scary?

Anyway, you're new enough you could change avatars, and people do it all the time, actually, I just find it confusing sometimes because I'm old. lol. I've had mine since the day I joined. Anyway, I do like the Floid one, but if you find something that you like better, by all means, go for it!

Yeah, that last guy looks like an axe murderer to me.

Hmmm, they do look a bit lunatic. That last guy looks ... creepy? Scary?

Anyway, you're new enough you could change avatars, and people do it all the time, actually, I just find it confusing sometimes because I'm old. lol. I've had mine since the day I joined. Anyway, I do like the Floid one, but if you find something that you like better, by all means, go for it!

Yeah, that last guy looks like an axe murderer to me.
Axe murder is also what came into my mind when I saw the last one😅

I agree to your statement on changing avatars. It's confusing and should be avoided. I think I'll stick to mine for now. After all, the Floid logo is really an well known icon in the shaving community and I also quiet like the aftershave "mentolado vigoroso".

Welcome! I’m glad you finally decided to take the plunge and say hello. It sounds like you’ve experienced a bit of everything. I haven’t hit SR territory and may never but many people seem to end up there.
Thanks for the friendly welcome. Yes I always like to learn new things. With staring straight razor shaving, I have the feeling to finally complete a mission that I started more than 20 years ago when I bought this first SR.

Welcome and come over to the straight razor forum. Once I started straight shaving, I never turned back.
Thanks a lot. With the great support of the wonderful community here at badger & blade I hope, that one day I will be able to look back and say the same about me...that I never turned away from. SR shaving.

Hi, there is a lot of information about straight shaving on the forum. I too started with a small collection of straights and now have a "small" collection. Especially compared to some on this site.
Yes, there's really amazing amount of information in this forum. Basically all questions have already been raised and answered, just a matter of finding the right thread/post.
I might try to focus my SR collection (at least for now) on straight razors from Henckels, as I really like the 3 I already have.

Top Bottom