What's new

Wolfman Ti better than the SS?

Just got my first Wolfman! Whoohoo!

I got the WR2 SS. It blew me away!

I usually prefer Ti (Timeless, Blackland). Has anyone tried both versions of the Wolf? 🐺

I was wondering how they compare.

Thanks.

IMG-0148.jpg

I’m anti-SS!
Once I tried Ti, I never wanted to go back! I also really like the shape, size, etc. of the Timeless Crown Handle. I have two of them 😂
My next WR2 will be Ti (James is making them again!) and this time I will get the WH7 Ti handle!
Just working on which blade gap to get 🤔
Sorry to disappoint…but good question!

P.S. That being said, I am pleasantly surprised that the WR2 SS head isn’t as heavy 💪 as I thought it would be!

I use different handles on my Wolfmans, Timeless, & H&S. I don’t care for the 14mm diameter of many of the modern handles. It’s larger than what I prefer. And titanium is very nice. To me, it shaves softer than SS.

And titanium is very nice. To me, it shaves softer than SS.
I have a few titanium Wolfmans. Once I got Ti, I didn’t really want to go back to SS. To me, SS feels sort of cold and harsh by comparison. I have no idea why that is, but it is immediately noticeable. I also prefer the lighter weight of Ti.
Thank you, gentlemen! I've had the same experience with the Ti from other razor artisans. Even though the head geometry is identical, Ti is "softer" or smoother than other metals...and it has nothing to do with the weight. Aluminum is half the weight of titanium, but it lacks this "softness".

I just put my name on the waiting list for a WR2 Ti .95!

Follow-up question: Did you get the matte or regular (textured polished) finish? Thanks!

Thank you, gentlemen! I've had the same experience with the Ti from other razor artisans. Even though the head geometry is identical, Ti is "softer" or smoother than other metals...and it has nothing to do with the weight. Aluminum is half the weight of titanium, but it lacks this "softness".

Follow-up question: Did you get the matte or regular (textured polished) finish? Thanks!
When mine were made, the only finish available was brushed. It would be the equivalent of the premium brushed/satin SS finish, I believe. The new brushed finish won’t be quite as refined. I’m also on the list and am torn about which to choose.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I use Titanium TiBam handles on both of my SS Wolfman razors. Both SS heads are polished...so smooth on the skin. To me Titanium is more of a weight thing than anything else. But, I cannot speak from experience as I do not own any Titanium razors.

What's the price of a Ti WR2? Last time I checked the site I didn't see titanium as an option.

Top Bottom