What's new

October 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in.

Finally group orders of last month has arrived with a few Tallow Tabac refills and Boar brushes.

Ps: one sleeve of Voskhod is mine, other sleeve is for my friend.

IMG_20211020_164434.jpg
IMG_20211020_164225.jpg

I used last month's out to work out what I really need in my rotation and two line of thoughts came up immediately:

Regarding brushes :

I need a higher loft Zenith as the last one was disappointing for me, but intrigued me with the quality of the bristles

I'd like to give a smaller knot boar brush another try as the Omega 10005 was sold off when I was too inexperienced.

Secondly regarding the blades :

I liked the smoothness of Voskhod and it'll fit nicely with the BBS AS plate and even in Wunderbar for daily shaves.

@mattps1
Good luck with the job hunt, I hope that you find something to your preference very soon.

Still in - no shave today
Up until now no reformulation/discontinuation in sight, so I feel pretty confident to make it through the month. I was planning on getting my first stainless steel razor until the end of the year but somehow the urge has left me for the moment. I’m enjoying Tabactober and still have tons of products to try out after that so I guess I’ll stick to the upcoming GRUME‘s as well.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Still in.

Had put down my Eagle in Super for bit as while the handles lovely, the hair just wasn't what I was expecting (had a teeny bit of scrub). Came back to it a bit, and on the third shave back, put it to my face and.... whoa.... that's soft. I guess it broke in. Even just feeling the tips dry, there's a difference from before, it's softer when dry now too. Disappointment has turned into "this is very nice brush".

No photo as... all my photos are similar to me and I'm getting sick of my own photos lol
I have two G3 Eagles in Super. The jade is as soft as can be, while the ivory has a lot of scrub and some scritch. But it shouldn't be surprising-- look at the difference in loft between the two brushes. Not a special order- they just came that way.
G3 2.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
I have two G3 Eagles in Super. The jade is as soft as can be, while the ivory has a lot of scrub and some scritch. But it shouldn't be surprising-- look at the difference in loft between the two brushes. Not a special order- they just came that way.
View attachment 1349166

Whoa thats quite the difference! I would have thought they had maybe a "standard" matrix for size/loft they just follow for all their brushes unless requested otherwise. I'm glad mine softened after a few uses, but that jade is a lovely handle my friend. (I actually got my Eagle after speaking to you about yours).

Geez, been a lot of posts since I was here last. Still in

60FFDD3C-D343-419E-8265-B8743C07EEE8.jpeg

Warm day here today, brought some lighter stuff out.

Arko, a boar-badger mix brush, gold Schöne, Silver Star blade. I’ve had shaves with less irritation but also shaves with more, so we’ll call it okay. Dragged out an old bottle of Avon to finish. As Jack Black might say, this is not the greatest aftershave in the world. This is only a Tribute.

I'm out,
I purchased the colibri for sale on the BST. It's a razor that has really interested me for a while but something felt a bit off (perhaps ignorantly) in regards to entering my card data in a Russian site. So when I saw one pop up stateside with the plate I wanted I decided to purchase it.

Anyhow I'm excited to try the 1.50 gap on it. See you lot in a few days. @FoolishMortal

Last edited:
Top Bottom