What's new

Average time between shaves?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am pretty inconsistent with my shaving. I can get away with every other day sometimes I'll go daily & sometimes let it grow out for a couple weeks before shaving.
How long does it take for your face to start itching if you don't shave every other day? On day 3 it starts, by day 4...... I'm going crazy!

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I am not retired, so every 24 hours. Or every 1,440 minutes. Or every 86,400 seconds...

Whenever this regimen leaves my face looking Jack Bauer's, I'll give it a day's rest so I can live another day.

24.jpg

How long does it take for your face to start itching if you don't shave every other day? On day 3 it starts, by day 4...... I'm going crazy!
I'll usually get an itch by day 3 or 4 and that usually bugs me for about two days.
That is why i usually try and shave atleast every other day but sometimes i get lazy and just let it grow.
I have found that using a face scrub and moisturizer seems to help tame that initial itch and keep it from driving me nuts & once i get over the hump i should be good!

FarmerTan

I'll usually get an itch by day 3 or 4 and that usually bugs me for about two days.
That is why i usually try and shave atleast every other day but sometimes i get lazy and just let it grow.
I have found that using a face scrub and moisturizer seems to help tame that initial itch and keep it from driving me nuts & once i get over the hump i should be good!
I thank you friend for the reply! I'm thinking about growing a goatee for the winter. LOL, the last time I had a goatee was the summer of 2017, how dumb!

I invented a GREAT scented balm the other day that I will be using for the "itchies" my friend! It was a tiny amount of unscented hand lotion with a spritz of Grey Flannel edT mixed in. Smelled wonderful. Felt even better.

I thank you friend for the reply! I'm thinking about growing a goatee for the winter. LOL, the last time I had a goatee was the summer of 2017, how dumb!

I invented a GREAT scented balm the other day that I will be using for the "itchies" my friend! It was a tiny amount of unscented hand lotion with a spritz of Grey Flannel edT mixed in. Smelled wonderful. Felt even better.
Sir i hope your "GREAT" FarmTanLotion does the trick! but... frankly i have doubts about your inventions!

FarmerTan

Sir i hope your "GREAT" FarmTanLotion does the trick! but... frankly i have doubts about your inventions!
You, my friend, would NOT be the first.

I learned it from my Dad. Oh! The story I must write about him someday! How he never blew up the neighborhood, or even just our house, is nothing short of a miracle.

Thanks for reminding me he needs at least a chapter in my memoirs!

You, my friend, would NOT be the first.

I learned it from my Dad. Oh! The story I must write about him someday! How he never blew up the neighborhood, or even just our house, is nothing short of a miracle.

Thanks for reminding me he needs at least a chapter in my memoirs!
I relate to this a little too much... I'm glad i made it out of that house with all my fingers and eyebrows intact.

FarmerTan

I relate to this a little too much... I'm glad i made it out of that house with all my fingers and eyebrows intact.
*Tread derail alert*

I lost my eyebrows, and EYE LASHES! so often my friends called me "Sparky the Surprised Boy" ..... It didn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it fit! True story doggone!

I once had a few too many beverages and was having a hard time lighting the gas grill. Now, I was old enough to know better, but finally I lifted the lid on the grill, placed my face over the grill and eyeballed the little hole in the side of the grill as I put the lit match in said hole.

WOOOSH! It ignited, I saw WHITE/BLUE flame, and then nothing for a bit!

I went in the house, my Dad just shook his head behind me looking in the mirror as I saw a (young) man with an incredibly handsome face looking back at me, sans eyebrows, all my hair around the periphery of my face and my mustache with a lovely, smelly, curly/ash toned feature to the individual hairs!

But a few weeks later I looked mostly normal, just with a kinda "surprised" look on my face!

Daily so 24 hours but on Saturday and Sunday I shave later. So Saturday it is about 28 hours since the previous shave and Monday it is probably closer 20 hours since my last shave

Was every day (mostly) since the beginning of 2020 due to a New Years resolution to clean up, but I've been getting lazy! Recently actually grew out a beard of about a week and realized I like how I look with facial hair. May end up dabbling with facial hair this winter depending on how often I'll have to do lab work (I want to be clean shaven for that).

Averaging about every other day nowadays. Haven't been engrossing myself with the hobby lately.

*Tread derail alert*

I lost my eyebrows, and EYE LASHES! so often my friends called me "Sparky the Surprised Boy" ..... It didn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it fit! True story doggone!

I once had a few too many beverages and was having a hard time lighting the gas grill. Now, I was old enough to know better, but finally I lifted the lid on the grill, placed my face over the grill and eyeballed the little hole in the side of the grill as I put the lit match in said hole.

WOOOSH! It ignited, I saw WHITE/BLUE flame, and then nothing for a bit!

I went in the house, my Dad just shook his head behind me looking in the mirror as I saw a (young) man with an incredibly handsome face looking back at me, sans eyebrows, all my hair around the periphery of my face and my mustache with a lovely, smelly, curly/ash toned feature to the individual hairs!

But a few weeks later I looked mostly normal, just with a kinda "surprised" look on my face!
Hahah thats a good one that could easily be a childrens book. You've got a story here sir, share it with the world!
It's a million penny idea.

~24 hours. That has been the case for the last 15 years. Not a single day skipped.
But...
There were some very rare cases, when I wasn't satisfied with the closeness of the shave and by noon I had quite the stubble again. So in the evening I grab a disposable and do a quick one pass. I don't want my barbwire to tear my pillow case. :lol:

Mostly everyday, but sometimes it all gets a little too hectic and day slides past. Little monster then says daddy needs to go get his shave knife (I use a SR).

Top Bottom