What's new

Average time between shaves?

I'm retired, lazy, and find reading about shaving on B and B more fun than shaving. So sue me!!

Sometimes I wonder if we were related in a past life.

I never had a job that required me to shave. Prior to taking up DE, I only shaved on weekends, or days I had to testify in court for my job. I'd sometimes went from Labor Day to Memorial Day without shaving. I tried, but could not stand a beard in the summer heat. I quit growing the temporary beard because my youngest daughter would go into hysterics when I shaved it off. I would use the side burn trimmer on an old electric to get the bushy bulk down, before using a cart. It became too emotional for my wife and I, so I stopped growing it.

Once I took up DE shaving I enjoyed it, and began shaving every other day well into retirement. Covid, and a move from our house of almost 20 years, changed my shaving habits. I've gotten lazy and now shaving every 5 -6 days.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sometimes I wonder if we were related in a past life.

I never had a job that required me to shave. Prior to taking up DE, I only shaved on weekends, or days I had to testify in court for my job. I'd sometimes went from Labor Day to Memorial Day without shaving. I tried, but could not stand a beard in the summer heat. I quit growing the temporary beard because my youngest daughter would go into hysterics when I shaved it off. I would use the side burn trimmer on an old electric to get the bushy bulk down, before using a cart. It became too emotional for my wife and I, so I stopped growing it.

Once I took up DE shaving I enjoyed it, and began shaving every other day well into retirement. Covid, and a move from our house of almost 20 years, changed my shaving habits. I've gotten lazy and now shaving every 5 -6 days.
Oh, I pity you friend if we are related! But here is something even scarier: I shaved Saturday or Sunday; honestly can't remember! But here's the weird part: it had been 5 or 6 days since I had last shaved, and I realized this: NOW I KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP SHAVE JOURNALS!!!

I was going to do a post about shaving for my son's wedding a few weeks ago, and never did, then I never posted about my TWO SHAVES in the month of October for Tabactober and OCtober!

I'm such a lazy loser!

Oooh! Maybe that can be a Brotherhood Club! You and I could be the COO's. If we weren't so lazy!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I quit growing the temporary beard because my youngest daughter would go into hysterics when I shaved it off.

When the kneecaps of grasshoppers towered over my crown, I was the same way. I didn’t recognize my Pop when he shaved and accused him of killing daddy and throwing him in a trash can at least once.

Maybe that can be a Brotherhood Club! You and I could be the COO's. If we weren't so lazy!

@hairless wonder has you covered:

NOW I KNOW WHY PEOPLE KEEP SHAVE JOURNALS!!!

Oooh! Maybe that can be a Brotherhood Club! You and I could be the COO's. If we weren't so lazy!

Sorry my friend, but beside being lazy, I agree with Groucho Marx who reportedly once said, "I could never belong to a club that would have me as a member."

Other than my 1st 1.5 years of wetshaving, I have kept a shave journal in Office 97 Excel since 2011. Yes, I'm a dinosaur and still using my full package of Office 97. It works fine in Win10, so if it ain't broke why fix it? I build my own PCs and refuse to upgrade anything until I need too. A few months of my journal are missing here and there due to computer crashes that weren't backed up, but I still track what works and what hasn't.

FarmerTan

I shave 5 days a week in the evening for work. Every time I've grown some sort of beard I shave it off with a straight, it's an easy, no nonsense, three pass shave that ends dfs+ regardless of growth.
As a Michigan State fan I just love your profile pic! That brush is perfect.

Wait just a minute..... WHAT and HOW did you make that razor so beautiful!

That could be a centerfold in "Razors Monthly" doggone!
What this old thing? 😳

I kid of course, I love this razor. It's my custom low polish anodized titanium blackbird. It is a bit bluer in real life, all the green in that pic made it look more green than it truly is.
20211019_172619.jpg

FarmerTan

Ya know, back when I was in the chicken wrangling bizness, I read where a hen lays an egg every 25 hours....

So I guess it would be only right if a rooster was to shave every 25 hours....

Why do ya suppose a hen don't lay every 24 hours, and do ya suppose, supposin' it's true, that the US Congress funded the study that studied that study of the layin' habits of hens, or was it just an old semi retired farmer that did the study?

FarmerTan

48h, I can shave after 36, and can go up to 72h, but I rarely do. every other day at the same time gives the most comfortable shaves.
There is something to be said for this. My itchy neck never itches hardly if I force myself to shave every 48 hours.

Ya know, back when I was in the chicken wrangling bizness, I read where a hen lays an egg every 25 hours....

So I guess it would be only right if a rooster was to shave every 25 hours....

Why do ya suppose a hen don't lay every 24 hours, and do ya suppose, supposin' it's true, that the US Congress funded the study that studied that study of the layin' habits of hens, or was it just an old semi retired farmer that did the study?
my brain hurts

Top Bottom