What's new

Henri et Victoria Duc de Santal Tallow Soap - Thoughts?

I have the Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Tallow Shaving Soap. I really love the performance! Although I don't miond it, I am not as keen on the scent. Also, the scent is a little too strong for me (I prefer mild strength scents). Anyone have the Duc de Santal soap? What is the scent like? And is the scent strong?

Thanks!

C&CC is one of my favorite scents in all of wetshaving. A masterpiece. I've not tried their tallow formulation but their veg croap is very decent.

Ymmv etc

Henri et Victoria Duc de Santal​

the scent of this soap is one of my favorite scents from this artisan (along with Cuban Cigars) and is a complex sophistocated Men's Cologne, it has Sandalwood but is anything but a straight up Sandalwood scent. It is one of the stronger scents from this artisan, when they first started many of the scents were on the light side but they have reformulated and tweaked a few things since then. Keep in mind if you find their Triple Milled formula it is not your "Typical" triple milled soap and is more of a concentrated Croap and i think they reformulated due to confusion as to the meaning behind "triple milled" since people were expecting a hard puck. The owners seem like cool people and Claude has a passion for their products.

Henri et Victoria Duc de Santal​

the scent of this soap is one of my favorite scents from this artisan (along with Cuban Cigars) and is a complex sophistocated Men's Cologne, it has Sandalwood but is anything but a straight up Sandalwood scent. It is one of the stronger scents from this artisan, when they first started many of the scents were on the light side but they have reformulated and tweaked a few things since then. Keep in mind if you find their Triple Milled formula it is not your "Typical" triple milled soap and is more of a concentrated Croap and i think they reformulated due to confusion as to the meaning behind "triple milled" since people were expecting a hard puck. The owners seem like cool people and Claude has a passion for their products.

Thanks for the response! The stronger scent answers my question. I love the performance of the Cognac and Cuban Cigars, but the scent is just too strong for me.

To my nose it is not very strong, but my sniffer sucks. The aftershave doesn’t hang around as long as others, but it smells sophisticated to me. I really like the scent of Duc De Santal and it holds a place in my rotation.

C&CC is one of my favorite scents in all of wetshaving. A masterpiece. I've not tried their tallow formulation but their veg croap is very decent.

Ymmv etc

If you like the scent then you should try Dove Men+Care, Charcoal+Clay soap. It smells exactly the same as the C&CC aftershave.

Top Bottom