What's new

Do you rotate your soaps daily or weekly?

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I have two soaps by the same maker with different scents. I just pick one each morning. Judging by their rates of dissipation I balance my use over the long haul.

I never rotate there is no system just my mood and maybe the working or not working day. There was a time I switched every day and currently I dunk a piece of soap in a loading bowl and either face or bowl lather until it is gone….
And sometimes that can take weeks which 1 cm Arko is trying to prove in week two…
Really nice suribachi right there.

What brand is it if you remember what it is? And where have you bought it?

Really nice suribachi right there.

What brand is it if you remember what it is? And where have you bought it?
Is was from Ali Express. They have several around 10 euro
I wish it was 12 cm which would make it even better as a lather bowl.

For me personally, I tend to get in a "rut" when it comes to using 2 or 3 of my soaps, so I've been trying to use different ones each time, besides those 2 or 3 soaps.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I keep a choice of three lather products in my bathroom. I pick from these three options dependent on whim and mood.

1) One hard mug soap in a lidded pewter dish.
That will be replaced when finished, with one of the other 9 or 10 that are in the stockpile. All are different and never tried before, although they are all soaps that I have tried in different scents of before. When I get around to putting Mitchell's Wool Fat back out, that'll go out in its own ceramic dish instead of the pewter dish.

2) One cream, or cream sample, in its original container.
Again, that will stay out there until the container it arrived in is empty. I have 3 others waiting in the stockpile.

3) A soap sample, or sample sized serving of a mug soap, in a separate lidded pewter dish.
I won't necessarily replace this with another scoop from the same tub when its used up, so this is the one that turns over the quickest, and lends a little extra variety, without overwhelming me with choice at every shave. I currently have 2 tubs part used (one of which I won't use again, as my skin didn't like it), and another maybe 8 or 9 in the stockpile that haven't been started yet, plus a few more samples.

I also have an array of shave sticks for travel, although it's not often that I'm away from home long enough to take shaving supplies nowadays.

I have about 12 soaps\creams in my den. So I just reach whatever I'm in the mood for at that moment.

Occasionally I use the same soap for 2 to 3 shaves. But for the most part, I like to keep switching it up.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I use a different soap/cream every day. But...being that my collection is over 50, I've lost count, it's kind of a moot point. I'm currently in the process of going through all of them and weeding out the product that doesn't have above average slickness and protection. This is subjective to me, but I've recently acquired a number of products that have wow'ed me and I'm determined to always shave with a product that offers better slickness and protection. I'm getting away from just liking a soap based on scent. How it smells isn't enough.

I generally have 4 soaps in my bathroom at a time, once I have shaved with a soap 5 times I switch it out for another one. I have them staggered so I change out two at a time and I tend to have a week using a sample soap or cream in between swap outs.

I randomly rotate my soaps and creams daily. Variety is the spice of life. The only time I'll use the same soap/cream for the next shave is when I'm comparing blades and I'll use the same razor and soap/cream set up.

I rotate daily unless I’m really enjoying a certain soap or scent at that moment … I have soaps in two stacks I take the top from the right use it move it to the bottom of the left …take a soap from the left and put it at the bottom of the right

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Each morning I pick the set up that "inspires" me in that moment, soap included. This daily selection is part of the joy in wet shaving, isn't it? :straight:

Each morning I pick the set up that "inspires" me in that moment, soap included. This daily selection is part of the joy in wet shaving, isn't it? :straight:
I'm doing the same thing. There's even some day that I pick up some soap, splash, razor and brush... then I'm going into shower or do something else and I decide to switch things up right before the shave.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I rotate from a smaller sample size in the bathroom and then randomly rotate out those items replacing them from the larger inventory.

Top Bottom