What's new

Talk me off (or on) the wall

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve always gone through shaving spells. Shave for a while. Then decide I wanna grow a beard (or just get lazy). Then get the itch to use all my shaving stuff again. Then get lazy again and grow a beard. Then feel the need to shave again. Then…..well you get it.

The problem is I let my beard growing stage go for a couple years. And my beard gets so awesome I really struggle with shaving it. Last time It was this long I needed a reason to shave it - so I raised money for the NBCF to shave it.

This time…I don’t have a reason so I’m struggling even more! I look at my beard and I love it. I’ve been attached to it for just about 2 years. I then look at all my shaving stuff and I love it too, but I feel I’m neglecting it!

What’s a guy to do!!!!

D828F52A-74B1-4719-B33F-8D6D44910AB9.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
you'll stop waking up in the middle of the night thinking there's a red racoon on your chest.

You joke but one time my beard really did freak me out. I saw a straggler hair out the corner of my eye and I thought it was something flying around by my face. I swatted at it wildly then realized…oh….it’s a beard hair.

Don't push yourself before you're mentally ready. Just from posting this it sounds like you're starting to be ready though. The time will come.

They say flip a coin, and understand your instant reaction to how it lands. Then you'll know what you really want to do.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I feel your pain brother. I kept a beard for decades, sometimes clean, but never for long and loved the feel of a big beard. It just felt right. I’m also impulsive and cut my long hair and beard a while back then fell into shaving. Absolutely enjoy SR shaving and all the fun stuff that comes with it. Still shaving most of my face daily, rocking a full stache currently. As stated above, maybe a hybrid sort of compromise to get the best of both worlds. Good luck!

Top Bottom