What's new

B&B LE Group buy Badger and Blade 2021 LE Pipe : Alden Pipes

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I just realized now that all 8 panels of the pipe will have different sandblast textures. Is that the point of a paneled pipe lol? I’m slow on the uptake.

I really like the little "behind the curtain" looks at the whole process. Makes one appreciate all the little details that make an artisan's handmade pipe so special.

Thanks Ryan!

If I broke down EVERY step, your brains would probably drain out your ears you'd be so bored haha.
When I mention a "Step" it's usually probably 10 little steps.
So, something like Rough Shaping the stem;
First is taking the top and bottom down to the Button height.
Next is flattening the stem to match the top and bottom of the Shank.
Then taking the sides in to match the sides of the shank.
Finally shaping the rough Taper, but leaving just enough room to do the filing and sanding to bring it down to the exact final thickness.

And of course, that's just ROUGH shaping. Next, I take excess material off both edges of the bite zone with a Belt Sander.
Then I remove most of the remaining extra material with a rough file. Then tune in the subtle shaping with a fine file... Then take out the file marks with a diamond file.... Then hand sand with 220 grit, 320 grit and 400 grit sandpaper.... THEN, it's ready to buff with 4 different grades of compound, and I still have to shape and sand the button.... Pretty much every "Step" in the process works like this, where there's actually half a dozen or more little processes involved.

Attachments

• 20211006_000622.jpg
    20211006_000622.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211006_000700.jpg
    20211006_000700.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20211006_000813.jpg
    20211006_000813.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 20211006_000731.jpg
    20211006_000731.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
And finally, *some* finished pipes ! Not all of them have quite made it this far along, unfortunately.
I had to reject a couple more pipes between shaping and sandblasting, several wound up developing flaws I wasn't comfortable with. So I'll have to spend this week making a couple more pipes to replace those and finishing them all up.
I'll probably send out Invoices in the next couple days to give everyone a little time for the last payment, but I probably won't mail the pipes until everyone's is finished, if that works for everybody. Feel free to wait and pay the invoice once they're all ready.

I think they turned out quite nice !
20211010_235421.jpg
20211010_235047.jpg
20211010_235220.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright guys, I'm still working like mad to have them ALL done this weekend.
They will all ship at the same time next week.
I've just sent out Invoices for the final payment, but for some reason the main bulk of the Invoices aren't showing "Sent" on my end. I think it's just a Paypal glitch, but if you don't have an Invoice by this evening please drop me a line here to let me know and I'll resend them.

Alright guys, I'm still working like mad to have them ALL done this weekend.
They will all ship at the same time next week.
I've just sent out Invoices for the final payment, but for some reason the main bulk of the Invoices aren't showing "Sent" on my end. I think it's just a Paypal glitch, but if you don't have an Invoice by this evening please drop me a line here to let me know and I'll resend them.
Nothing in my inbox yet but I'll keep a lookout.

Ok, it looks like the Invoices did not go through ! I have sent them all again individually. Hopefully no one gets two of them, but if so just ignore one.

At this point everyone should have received one, so if you have not then please contact me directly.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Sadly I had to smoke a cigar . . . for Thanksgiving.

On the other hand I'm willing to celebrate American Thanksgiving . . .

Hang on . . .

I should have an invoice?????

I don't yet.

(Ryan . . . please know I'm just funning you)

Top Bottom