What's new

Remington Fieldmaster model 121. Yay or Nay.

If you have one, had one, or know someone that has or had one, let me know what you think.

The reason I'm asking is, I ran across one this weekend that I'm thinking about. I don't know much about grading one but the bluing and wood look new too me so I'm going to say it's 95% to 98% which is amazing for something made in 1949. Maybe they kept it in a sock drawer like an old razor lol.

I'm really not looking for a debate about which pump .22 is the best but but from what I've read, the Fieldmaster 121 is the best. They also say it's the most fun you can have with a 22lr.

It's not cheap, that's why I'm asking. Just need a little push one way or the other. Thanks

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I already have, I'm not asking for a value. I'm just just wanting to know, if you have any experience with one, what did you think.
I have never held or seen one, or talked to anyone who has one.

But I have lusted in my heart for one for years.

My neighbor has a later model one that won't rack. No idea what is wrong with it. He's never gone beyond looking at YouTube for research on trying to see if he can fix it himself.

It's jammed somehow or 'nuther.

Any of the old Rem .22s are well made. Most are better made than much of the new stuff on the market.

I agree, that's why I'm interested. I have and had a lot of 22lr rifles, dedicated AR-15's and conversions, 10/22's, SIG 522, a Savage FV-SR that I just bought, and others. They're all a lot of fun but when I picked up the old Fieldmaster, felt the weight of the steel and walnut, the buttery smooth action of the pump, it was like fireworks going off. If it's as nice as it feels, I may have found another rabbit hole to fall in. I just might have sell a Double Ring, Toggle, and a couple of Bulldogs. Lol

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I agree, that's why I'm interested. I have and had a lot of 22lr rifles, dedicated AR-15's and conversions, 10/22's, SIG 522, a Savage FV-SR that I just bought, and others. They're all a lot of fun but when I picked up the old Fieldmaster, felt the weight of the steel and walnut, the buttery smooth action of the pump, it was like fireworks going off. If it's as nice as it feels, I may have found another rabbit hole to fall in. I just might have sell a Double Ring, Toggle, and a couple of Bulldogs. Lol
Can't address the Fieldmaster but I have a 1945 Scoremaster and a 1949 Fieldmaster and I'd have to question the claim that the Fieldmaster is the most fun. My Speedmaster has to be one of the most fun 22s I've ever owned even if it doesn't count as an exercise device.

Attachments

• 241-800.jpg
    241-800.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 551-800.jpg
    551-800.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 42
Can't address the Fieldmaster but I have a 1945 Scoremaster and a 1949 Fieldmaster and I'd have to question the claim that the Fieldmaster is the most fun. My Speedmaster has to be one of the most fun 22s I've ever owned even if it doesn't count as an exercise device.
Nice! I guess I'll have to start looking for a Speedmaster so I can compare. 😁

The Speedmaster is the Browning design. At the time Remington held the rights to build it in the US markets and FN in the European markets. It's nearly identical to the modern Browning labeled SA22.

I like the case. Is that something you can buy or did you have to make it?

If you would like a soft take down case that is less likely to let the two parts come in contact with each other, check out Uncle Mikes over/under shotgun case. They are usually about $40.00.

Top Bottom