What's new

Where to Get Empty Aftershave Bottles?

Does anyone have an idea of where to get empty bottles to put aftershave into? I went by a number of flea markets and antique shops today. Nothing useful. Any idea what kind of store might carry empty bottles?

I have regularly found Avon bottles (full and empty) at Goodwill stores. There's a few remaining thrift stores around town that get new items regularly, and glassware is always overflowing. Though I have redone tabasco bottles to hold A/S, so, creativity is king here.

Attachments

• IMG_7770.JPG
    IMG_7770.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 27

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have regularly found Avon bottles (full and empty) at Goodwill stores. There's a few remaining thrift stores around town that get new items regularly, and glassware is always overflowing. Though I have redone tabasco bottles to hold A/S, so, creativity is king here.
I bought some new 5? ounce hot sauce bottles from the 'zon about 3 or 4 years ago that work great.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have often seen embossed vintage Pinaud and Yardley empty bottles on the bay for little money. Obviously not ideal if you want a set of matching bottles.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You could try eBay, I have seen some empty and partly empty bottles on there before.

Does anyone have an idea of where to get empty bottles to put aftershave into? I went by a number of flea markets and antique shops today. Nothing useful. Any idea what kind of store might carry empty bottles?
Aren’t they’re any aftershaves you’d like to try in glass bottles ?
Try some of these, Ogallala Bay Rum, Poraso, Speick, English leather, etc. and reuse the bottle.

Amazon sells a variety of smaller (eg. 3-5oz) bottles with caps, but typically in cases of 12 (about $20) or more.

Aren’t they’re any aftershaves you’d like to try in glass bottles ?
Try some of these, Ogallala Bay Rum, Poraso, Speick, English leather, etc. and reuse the bottle.
It takes forever to empty a bottle. The only glass ones I have are a Proraso that is not very old and a Speick that I just bought.

I make my own empty bottles :) It does take a while to empty them but I have a pretty good collection now and Pinaud aftershaves are the only ones I've found that really need to be taken out of their plastic bottles.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A thrift store might have some. I bought mine on eBay back in the day. I mostly use empty Tabasco bottles that I refill. After 4-5 bottles, I stop saving them (obviously I consume more Tabasco bottles than I require Aftershave bottles).

I use the small 57ml bottle (clean it well, the cap too). The dripper is made of glass, unlike the bigger version. I use a food-grade syringe to fill the bottle.
tabasco-bottle-2-jpg.184089

I have a bottle of Avatar aftershave I received as a gift when I was young. Never liked it. Overpowering. I think I’ll dump this and use the bottle.

24021C91-AB26-4308-8C2C-3A041DCADC99.jpeg

Top Bottom