EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20211010_092741.jpg

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Manchurian
Soap: Yardley
Razor: Leresche #34
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Aftershave: Yardley Black Label AS / Talc

What a lovely soap this is, everyone should try it if they get the chance. I sure am blessed to shave with such wonderful things.

Razor: Rex Ambassador. Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock (yellow), 1st use. Brush: Kent H4 Horn, badger. Pre-shave prep: Hot shower & Bulldog facial scrub (highly recommend this scrub). Soap: Tabac (always gives me a good shave). Shave: 1st pass WTG #5, 2nd pass XTG #3 & 3rd pass ATG #1.5. Post shave: Cold water rinse (Swiss alpine water), alum, Thayer's Lemon Astringent & ended with Tabac aftershave balm.
Result: BBS finish, overall smooth & comfortable shave. I had one small nick on the neck, hence the alum block! Tabac is one of my favourite scents, not the best performing soap out of my collection but it is always one I can rely on for a good shave. If I buy new hardware I normally always test it with Tabac.
Tip: If anyone has Tabac aftershave balm & Stirling's witch hazel Margaritas in the Arctic, they compliment each other amazingly! It give such a cooling, calming & moisturising result. I have tried many balms and I find Tabac's balm excellent. I have a variety of Proraso balms, however I find them too thin & watery, so they don't really provide the protection I require.
I am new to the forum, I am a young wet shaver who has been wet shaving for nearly 2yrs. Thanks you for reading my post & it's awesome to see all of the wonderful photos of various users SOTD! Have a beautiful weekend :001_smile.

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 12
Razor: Merkur HD 34C
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Brush: Razorock Synthetic Badger, 22mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic (local shop)

Lather: Catie's Bubbles Le Gardenia De L'Etalon Shaving Soap

Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Very good shave.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
20211009_185128~4.jpg

CE12D0EB-1923-48FC-A6CF-5784C2D419A9.png

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 10, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured the Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16. My JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger brush whipped up the thin, slick lather I prefer for my straight shaves, and it was smooth sailing through three slow, luxurious passes. My neck shaves have improved immeasurably since I‘ve included flatblading technique.

This is an advanced straight razor finishing technique I learned from BarberDave of the Shaving Cadre. It unfailingly provides the level of smoothness I desire in my mug shaves, but is not a technique I would recommend to the new open edge shaver. The technique works equally well with both traditional straight razors as well as shavettes/barber’s razors.

While not an OC, my Colonial Silversmith is a safety razor I treasure for the unfailing efficiency of the noggin shaves it provides. i realize the aesthetics of the revised handle design is not for everybody, but I really like it; it feels great great in hand and is a marked improvement over the initial handle design. It breezed through my dome stubble in two highly efficient passes, leaving me velveteen smooth from the shoulders up!

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva AS Splash (Spanish Version)

View attachment 1343045
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 10, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured the Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16. My JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger brush whipped up the thin, slick lather I prefer for my straight shaves, and it was smooth sailing through three slow, luxurious passes. My neck shaves have improved immeasurably since I‘ve included flatblading technique.

This is an advanced straight razor finishing technique I learned from BarberDave of the Shaving Cadre. It unfailingly provides the level of smoothness I desire in my mug shaves, but is not a technique I would recommend to the new open edge shaver. The technique works equally well with both traditional straight razors as well as shavettes/barber’s razors.

While not an OC, my Colonial Silversmith is a safety razor I treasure for the unfailing efficiency of the noggin shaves it provides. i realize the aesthetics of the revised handle design is not for everybody, but I really like it; it feels great great in hand and is a marked improvement over the initial handle design. It breezed through my dome stubble in two highly efficient passes, leaving me velveteen smooth from the shoulders up!

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva AS Splash (Spanish Version)
Beautiful set up & photo! What does Aqua Velva smell like?

SOD Sunday October 10, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (50)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have an amazing day!!

IMG_7811.jpg

SOD Sunday October 10, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (50)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Feather (2)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have an amazing day!!

View attachment 1343095
After 50 shaves what does the soap level look like?

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Asinus
Brush
Kent BK8
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
My Sunday shave was with the GD Asinus soap which has seen 37 uses. The soap makes a nice lather and is quite slick. The Kent brush made more than enough lather for my face and head multiple pass shave. Back to the Wolfman – Med Prep combo for the 4th shave. A nice, BBS shave. Have a great day, gents.

IMG_20211009_151859.jpg

View attachment 1343126

OCtober 10th

FS Manchurian
Old Spice uber lather
Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
New De Luxe Criterion
Wizamet Polsilver Stainless (15)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Shulton Old Spice

DFS+ hardly any stubble in a few places on my neck and soul patch. Damn near BBS. Great first run on the New De Luxe. Paired well with the unobtainium blade. Just a really great shave. The uber lather was a good idea. Improved the on the old spice shave and added some residual slickness. I got my best old spice lather yet.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Oct 10th 2021- Reading a thread on speed shaving and tested my old system I use and it is amazing using a injector and just brush lather how fast and how great a shave can be accomplished in around 6 minutes and that is cleanup also.
I still prefer the 3 applications of lather with a brush but when in a hurry it is relevant.

Razor: Schick G type Canadian Variant, Mfg 1940's, very nice mid range, easy to manipulate and a joy to use this Injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea : Very nice and unique scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm.(excellent + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick G type variant + a Personna coated injector blade.
SOTD, Oct 10, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom