What's new

Arko ain't so cheap

I doubt that most ppl infact dislike the scent it would be easy for the folks at arko to offer more scent profiles for their sticks and pucks i guess they don't listen to their customers like other soap makers do and keep developing their products to suit the needs of customers
I'm guessing most of their customers are in Turkey, Europe, or other places where the scent is evocative of "cleanliness" and as such don't equate it with a public toilet. As such, Arko doesn't need to incur the added costs of R&D and other ingredients to pursue the diminishing returns of satisfying the whims of a handful of Americans who are just as likely to spend their money on artisan soaps, instead.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I doubt that most ppl infact dislike the scent it would be easy for the folks at arko to offer more scent profiles for their sticks and pucks i guess they don't listen to their customers like other soap makers do and keep developing their products to suit the needs of customers
ARKO has been around since 1957 and Williams since 1840. Both have the same scent - citronella. They seem to be doing OK without messing with frufru scents.

It's arko. They make other scents in their creams. But in the end it's arko. It's been the same for 70 years. They aren't changing it lol

I always wondered why the folks at arko never changed the scent after so many complained about it i believe they would sell a lot more worldwide since performance is already very good as well as the price
Yes! I'd love for them to make a one or two other simple scents like spearmint. I don't "like" the Arko scent, but it's definitely easy to tolerate.

Tabac should do the same thing. If the scent is so divisive why not offer an alternative?

My recollection of this thread was that some, rather controversially thought it smelt rather good. Others took the more universally accepted view believing it to have a scent similar to a popular urinal freshening product
Wait, are we talking about Arko or the Veg?

Just some quick math. I bought 12 sticks of arko for $12. I could never bring myself to shave with it(because I have a nose). What is arko's cost per shave?

12/0 = ♾️

Easily the most expensive shave soap I've ever bought. The OP is too right.
Lol, you and I are in the same boat! While I don't love Arko's scent, it's just marginally tolerable if I air out a stick for weeks in my yard before using it. 😉

Seriously, though, the scent isn't one I love and I don't get great lathers from Arko. There are other soaps with scents I enjoy more and that work better for me. I prefer shaving with them.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Just some quick math. I bought 12 sticks of arko for $12. I could never bring myself to shave with it(because I have a nose). What is arko's cost per shave?

12/0 = ♾️

Easily the most expensive shave soap I've ever bought. The OP is too right.
I'll give you $8 for the dozen sticks, shipping included.

I'll give you $8 for the dozen sticks, shipping included.
Unfortunately they are long since gone. In retrospect I should have put them under the shed to keep cats and racoons away and revisit in a year to see where they are.

My issue with them is solely scent based. If Arko had another scent or, better yet, a scentless version I'd probably still be working through that box. I have literally >16lbs of soap and arko is the only one I couldn't handle the scent

I really do want to like Arko and find this conversation frustrating because with minimal effort the scent could be changed or removed. Up the price to still very inexpensive and open to a huge untapped client base.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Unfortunately they are long since gone. In retrospect I should have put them under the shed to keep cats and racoons away and revisit in a year to see where they are.

My issue with them is solely scent based. If Arko had another scent or, better yet, a scentless version I'd probably still be working through that box. I have literally >16lbs of soap and arko is the only one I couldn't handle the scent

I really do want to like Arko and find this conversation frustrating because with minimal effort the scent could be changed or removed. Up the price to still very inexpensive and open to a huge untapped client base.
Fortunately you've got an almost limitless choice of soap options, although few can match Arko's price.

Top Bottom