What's new

What TV series you watching?

Squid Game, a South Korean survival drama series in nine parts on Netflix - fantastic! UK television and movies have been deteriorating for years and for me are now almost unwatchable. South Korean, Japanese, and other South Asian television and movies are far superior in my view.
I saw that mentioned yesterday and checked out the trailer. Looked very interesting.

Decided to re watch this for the third time since we can’t make it back to NY for awhile.

1A639F5D-E4C6-4E0A-A0DC-EC6760E4D7D6.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Marvel Agents of SHIELD. Well-written; interesting, tight plotlines.

Never agreed with the casting of Nick Fury - Sgt. Nick Fury (and the Howling Commandos!) was a personal hero in the 1970s - but he's barely in this one.

AA

Midnight Mass on Netflix. I'd give it a solid B to B+. It was reminiscent of a Stephen King type of story. I was most impressed with the performance of Hamish Linklater as Father Paul. His was an excellent character and an excellent performance.

Finished 9 Perfect Strangers. It sounds like it's a great novel, it just doesn't translate well to screen.

I actually thought it was pretty good. I am not normally a big Nicole Kidman fan, but I thought she really handled this role.

I just read a headline on a review of what seems like two books of 9 Perfect Strangers. Seemed to say the first book was original and a good read, and the second book was tedium.

Just started watching the new series of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. The first episode was pretty good, hard to compare it to the old show though as COVID restrictions mean they can't all interact as much.

Also started watching White House Farm, a dramatisation of the Bamber Farm murders with Stephen Graham, Mark Addy and Freddie Fox.

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The OP posts a good question. Lately it’s been mash, rules of engagement, the Jeff Foxworthy show, happy days and This old house.If The New Yankee workshop was still on I would be watching that religiously. I ran out of Colombo.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Shetland.
A bbc police show. Pretty good so far. Great acting. I like the main character.
Finished the series Grandchester.
Ok odd premise of a priest joining in as a murder detective. But then the series jumped the shark when the actor playing the priest quit the show. The replaced the victor with a new actor and then just coincidentally he becomes a police investigator. It became silly and unwatchable but we finished it anyway.

The latest season of Goliath seems just awful. Did they even consider having a lawyer or a law student consult on courtroom procedures or did they just prefer to make up their own. Much less someone who knew anything about the way law firms operate. Absurd.

Top Bottom