What's new

SE Blade Hoard

What's in your SE Blade Hoard? I have a mixture of Injector and Artist Club blades. I am always on the look out for NOS Dutch or Swedish Injector blades...

20210930_014856.jpg

I have maybe 8 dispensers of Feather Professionals and 1-2 dispensers each of most popular blades (ProSuper, SoftGuard, ProGuard, KAI, Schick, etc.). Maybe 250-300 blades total?

I am a relative newbie to SE shaving, so am still trying out everything I can. My 6000+ DE blades make my SE stash look tiny. 😜

I bow to your hoarding skills. I have two injector razors and 40 or so Personna, one Chinese Schick injector with 5 blades, and one NOS injector of Schick Super Chromium blades. I do keep my eyes peeled on a certain auction site for good deals on NOS blades.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
What's in your SE Blade Hoard? I have a mixture of Injector and Artist Club blades. I am always on the look out for NOS Dutch or Swedish Injector blades...

View attachment 1336977
WoW, nice collection of SE blades, I see you have the Proshave 24 blades and I was wondering if you have tried them yet! They are Platinum coated and made in Japan. I know you collect blades from a previous thread and maybe they where DE blades?

I'm not much of a hoarder, but I do maintain a decent supply of the Chinese Schicks. I have a few Plus Platinum and Personna as well.

WoW, nice collection of SE blades, I see you have the Proshave 24 blades and I was wondering if you have tried them yet! They are Platinum coated and made in Japan. I know you collect blades from a previous thread and maybe they where DE blades?
I have not tried the Proshave or Proshave S, but they are made by NIPPON RIKI KOGYO of Japan who also produce the Kamisori brand. I currently have two unused packs of these which came with AC clones on AliExpress. I did use a pack of the Kamisori's in 2014/15 and far as I remember they were fine.

20211001_034941.jpg

20211001_034903.jpg

Ron R

I have not tried the Proshave or Proshave S, but they are made by NIPPON RIKI KOGYO of Japan who also produce the Kamisori brand. I currently have two unused packs of these which came with AC clones on AliExpress. I did use a pack of the Kamisori's in 2014/15 and far as I remember they were fine.
I might buy some in the new year possibly, Connaught shaving sells this brand Proshaves.

I might buy some in the new year possibly, Connaught shaving sells this brand Proshaves.
That's where I got my Proshave S's from. I can't recall where I got the Nikky branded ones from, I didn't know I had them, which is why they weren't in the first photo lol.

Brother Sabre,

You do indeed have a hoard of SE razor blades. Do you even own (much less use) a DE razor?
I collect Wilkinson Sword DE razors, and have a few vintage Gillette's. I am a big fan of the Schick Krona and have several mint copies. My DE rotation is the Krona, Fatip Testina Gentile, the EJ Kelvin. I have a Yaqi DLC, a King C Gillette, and a Mühle replacement head that I mix and match with each other.

I collect Wilkinson Sword DE razors, and have a few vintage Gillette's. I am a big fan of the Schick Krona and have several mint copies. My DE rotation is the Krona, Fatip Testina Gentile, the EJ Kelvin. I have a Yaqi DLC, a King C Gillette, and a Mühle replacement head that I mix and match with each other.
Excellent. Personally I shave with DE, SE, and injector razors, about 1/3 of the time with each category.

I like all of 'em.

I am a big fan of the Schick Krona and have several mint copies.
I just tried my first Krona yesterday and, although I’m still fairly new, it was undoubtedly the best shave I’ve had so far. Just a great design. So glad I tried one. Now I feel like insisting that everyone try one so they can have the same experience. 😁

I just tried my first Krona yesterday and, although I’m still fairly new, it was undoubtedly the best shave I’ve had so far. Just a great design. So glad I tried one. Now I feel like insisting that everyone try one so they can have the same experience. 😁
I would also recommend the Fatip Testina Gentile...

Ron R

Hello @Sabre, I just bought some P30 Schick Proline on Friday and did some research on them and most folks seem to think they are very smooth and sharp with good longevity. They are MFG by Edgewell (Personna,Schick)in USA. What is your experiences with them?

Last edited:
Hello @Sabre, I just bought some P30 Schick Proline on Friday and did some research on them and most folks seem to think they are very smooth and sharp with good longevity. They are MFG by Edgewell (Personna,Schick)in USA. What is your experiences with them?
Mine are from Japan. I haven't used them yet...

Ron R

Mine are from Japan. I haven't used them yet...
The blades are made in USA but the magazine might be made in Japan or assembled in Japan? Edgewell controls the Schick brand name I believe!
TryABlade sells them and they know where their blades come from.

Schick - Proline P-30

Schick - Proline P-30

• Manufacturer: Edgewell
  • Pack Count: 20

The blades are made in USA but the magazine might be made in Japan or assembled in Japan? Edgewell controls the Schick brand name I believe!
TryABlade sells them and they know where their blades come from.

Schick - Proline P-30

Schick - Proline P-30

• Manufacturer: Edgewell
  • Pack Count: 20
Do you have any photographic proof? It's a bit strange American products having Japanese symbols on them...

Ron R

Do you have any photographic proof? It's a bit strange American products having Japanese symbols on them...
TRYABLADE lists all their blades from country of origin, Edgewell is a huge company that makes all kinds of cutting tools from surgeon scalpels to flooring cutters & of coarse razor blades with factorys in Europe and Isreal(might be closed now).
A lot of razorblades are packaged in Mexico I believe I read some were.

TRYABLADE lists all their blades from country of origin, Edgewell is a huge company that makes all kinds of cutting tools from surgeon scalpels to flooring cutters & of coarse razor blades with factorys in Europe and Isreal(might be closed now).
A lot of razorblades are packaged in Mexico I believe I read some were.
Edgewell no longer produces industrial or medical blades. I am not aware they produced AC type blades in the USA. Relying on a vendor's website description is unreliable.

Top Bottom