What's new

Best Inexpensive Cream - IYHO

I am not sure why many mid tier creams have been listed as inexpensive creams.
Nivea is probably the best inexpensive cream. However, DR Harris cream tubes have been relatively inexpensive for sale on eBay for the last few years.

It's discontinued and I ordered the last one in stock and you want me to open it rather than store it in the vault?
I was just visiting my son in Ontario, CA and picked up a tube for about $4 CAD. To be honest, I'm not very impressed with it. For about the same price, I much prefer the Gillette Pure. I find it lathers a bit more easily and the slight bit of menthol appeals to me. I also prefer the scent of the Gillette Pure to that of the Nivea Sensitive Skin cream. My favorite bargain shave cream used to be The Real Shaving Company cream. It sold for about $5 USD at Rite Aid drug stores, but it is no longer available. I have been using my last tube sparingly.

I was just visiting my son in Ontario, CA and picked up a tube for about $4 CAD. To be honest, I'm not very impressed with it. For about the same price, I much prefer the Gillette Pure. I find it lathers a bit more easily and the slight bit of menthol appeals to me. I also prefer the scent of the Gillette Pure to that of the Nivea Sensitive Skin cream. My favorite bargain shave cream used to be The Real Shaving Company cream. It sold for about $5 USD at Rite Aid drug stores, but it is no longer available. I have been using my last tube sparingly.
We don't have Gillette Pure, but we do still have RSC and Creighton Ultra Rich. They are both excellent, but now only limited to the UK as far as I am aware.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I love Nivea Shaving Creams. I am sorry to hear that they are discontinued. The Blue One has been hard to find out here in Australia for quite some time now. It looks like the White Tube is going the same way.

We don't have Gillette Pure, but we do still have RSC and Creighton Ultra Rich. They are both excellent, but now only limited to the UK as far as I am aware.
The Real Shaving Company tubes that I mentioned in my earlier post were made by Creightons in the UK. I wonder how similar the Creighton Ultra Rich cream is to the Real Shaving Company cream.

...My favorite bargain shave cream used to be The Real Shaving Company cream. It sold for about $5 USD at Rite Aid drug stores, but it is no longer available. I have been using my last tube sparingly.
I used a few tubes of this several years ago (the Sensitive variety) before it went away. It was excellent, so interested to know if the UK Creighton cream is similar to that.

The Real Shaving Company tubes that I mentioned in my earlier post were made by Creightons in the UK. I wonder how similar the Creighton Ultra Rich cream is to the Real Shaving Company cream.
Creighton sold the RSC brand to another company called Swallowfield. I have both, I will photo the ingredients. The RSC cream has been reformulated several times.

Creighton sold the RSC brand to another company called Swallowfield. I have both, I will photo the ingredients. The RSC cream has been reformulated several times.

20210928_102909.jpg

20210928_103002.jpg

20210928_102147.jpg

The other day I picked up a tube of Proraso Blue at T.J.Maxx for about $5. I used it this morning for the first time and would highly recommend it. It does seem to me to be very similar to the Gillette Pure; they both have aloe and are mildly mentholated.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Finally tried Pure... It's really really nice.

Would you guys say it's better than proraso?

Been more than 10 years since I tried that.

Top Bottom