What's new

Used my Maggard V3A Head

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used my Maggard V3A head twice today and got a very smooth iritaion free shave. I used in the morning before I went out at about 10:30 am and 5:30 pm because a buddy of mine was renewing his wedding vows and I wanted to have that clean look for the occasion. The shave in the evening was just as smooth as in the morning. I like the audible I was getting while using head. It let's you know when you are actually cutting whiskers and when you are not. When I got as close as I could, I didn't gear any wiskers being cut which let me know I was finished on that part of my face. I like this head. I've been using a Gillette 365 blade and getting very good shaves with it.

I used my Maggard V3A head twice today and got a very smooth iritaion free shave. I used in the morning before I went out at about 10:30 am and 5:30 pm because a buddy of mine was renewing his wedding vows and I wanted to have that clean look for the occasion. The shave in the evening was just as smooth as in the morning. I like the audible I was getting while using head. It let's you know when you are actually cutting whiskers and when you are not. When I got as close as I could, I didn't gear any wiskers being cut which let me know I was finished on that part of my face. I like this head. I've been using a Gillette 365 blade and getting very good shaves with it.
Hmm I took a look at it on the website and it looks similar or identical to the Razorock mentor head. Can anyone confirm that?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Hmm I took a look at it on the website and it looks similar or identical to the Razorock mentor head. Can anyone confirm that?
Same as the Yintal Bronze head as well. Not a fan of those razors, but I use the top cap to greatly improve the shave of the R41. I have had all three at one point or another, and they appear completely identical to my eyes.

Same as the Yintal Bronze head as well. Not a fan of those razors, but I use the top cap to greatly improve the shave of the R41. I have had all three at one point or another, and they appear completely identical to my eyes.
Not the same. I think I even posted a comparison photo a year ago. The Yintals are made by Weishi. They have the biggest gap and exposure, are the most aggressive. Next is the Yaqi head that also looks the same. Less gap and exposure. More user friendly. Lastly the least aggressive of the 3 is the V3A - almost no exposure, smaller gap than the Yintals - it is the mildest. I don't have a Mentor.

Thr 365 is the only blade I use in the V3A

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Not the same. I think I even posted a comparison photo a year ago. The Yintals are made by Weishi. They have the biggest gap and exposure, are the most aggressive. Next is the Yaqi head that also looks the same. Less gap and exposure. More user friendly. Lastly the least aggressive of the 3 is the V3A - almost no exposure, smaller gap than the Yintals - it is the mildest. I don't have a Mentor.
Thanks for the info. I never had these at the same time. So I couldn't do a side by side.

By greatly improve do you mean smoother and more efficient? If so I'll try that.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
By greatly improve do you mean smoother and more efficient? If so I'll try that.
It takes out all the blade chatter, which in turn makes it smoother. I dont think it makes it more efficient. It still has tons of blade feel. But the blade is held tighter. I use the SLOC top cap as well. Both work great.

It takes out all the blade chatter, which in turn makes it smoother. I dont think it makes it more efficient. It still has tons of blade feel. But the blade is held tighter. I use the SLOC top cap as well. Both work great.
That's a great idea ty I'll definitely give it a go

I really like my V3A. I told the lady at Maggard’s that I was looking for a razor head between the Muhle R89 and the R41. She suggested I try the V3A. To my surprise it seems to replace both! I really like this razor, I use the Maggard MR7 stainless handle on mine.

Maggard's v3a (white background). Vs Razorock mentor
Maggard-Razors-V3A-Aggresive-Chrome-DE-Safety-Razor-Head-1_994x994.jpg
20210926_125840.jpg

I really like my V3A. I told the lady at Maggard’s that I was looking for a razor head between the Muhle R89 and the R41. She suggested I try the V3A. To my surprise it seems to replace both! I really like this razor, I use the Maggard MR7 stainless handle on mine.
You should buy the V3. It is actually their best head. Significantly more exposure than the 89. I know A in V3A is supposed to stand for Aggressive, but the V3 gives me an effortless shave, closer than the V3A.

I saw a couple of Parker razor today and the heads looked similar to the V3A.
This has been discussed before. Looks are deceiving. The Parker 3 piece razors have a very different geometry to the V3A. They are much more aggressive. Decent exposure and a huge gap. The bottom plate has a very different shape. Notice that there is no blade in the V3A and it might look to you the gaps are the same.

parker-vs-v3a.jpg

Top Bottom