What's new

Wolfman question.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I think the Wolfman razors are some of the most blade finicky razors for me. Blades that will typically perform very similarly in other razors feel very different from each other in a Wolf. And results vary as well. I believe this is due to the highly engineered nature of the way the WR1 and WR2 hold the blade. It brings out the finer details of each blade more accurately than other razors, which helps me fine tune my shave results and technique. But it also made blade selection much harder in the beginning. Try lots of blades as recommended above. Some of my very favorite blades don’t work well for me in the Wolf. Go through as many blades as you can. You will be rewarded with the best shaves of your life.

Wow third time going with the wolfman wr2 1.0 blade gap. First time I went with wizamet blade that was rather painful. Second shave was brand new feather. It was smoother shave when I went with the grain and across the grain but when I went against the grain it felt very similar like scaling a fish. May someone can chime in on why that is. And tonight I used the same set up with second use feather BUT instead of against the grain I did another across the grain and I was shocked how good the shave turned out to be.

So two things:

1) Every razor has a "perfect blade". Meaning that every razor does best on your skin with a particular blade. FOR ME, the WR2 95SB works best with Gillette Yellows. I have tried all the other blades that work in my other razors and none compare. Try to find "THAT" blade for you.

2) I think for people with sensitive skin and coarse/tough beard (like myself), shaving ATG is generally problematic. I always shave WTG/AcrossTG/WTG. Three passes, and no cleanup. That is how I can shave daily and maintain a healthy complexion. Try different routines (less passes, no ATG etc) and see what happens.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Actually I just shaved again this time using Gillette silver blue. I was able to do 3 standard passes complete bbs and zero irritation or anything. I think I solved this saga
GSB for the win!

It is my gold standard, the blade I judge all others against.

I find it to be better on it's second use than on it's first.

Anyone else experienced this.
few daysago I got an email my name cameon the list for wolfman so I ordered one. Then someone told me to change the blade gap because the one I ordered was too aggressive. I emailed Tara she said okay she will refund the original order and to give her new specs. I did that and now it’s quiet no emails no new invoices. Strange.

Anyone else experienced this.
few daysago I got an email my name cameon the list for wolfman so I ordered one. Then someone told me to change the blade gap because the one I ordered was too aggressive. I emailed Tara she said okay she will refund the original order and to give her new specs. I did that and now it’s quiet no emails no new invoices. Strange.
I exchanged a few messages with Tara while I was in the process of ordering mine recently. It was sometimes a day or two between responses, so if this was recent, I would just wait a bit.

Very interesting folks: after trying a fairly large number of different blades, the two that I settled on were those just mentioned above: the Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow and the GSB. This has been true for both my WR1 and my WR2 (which I did just sell). At first, it was the GSB but over time I found myself turning more and more the Yellow. So, while I might occasionally go back to the GSB if I'm in a rush since it is a little less aggressive, I do find the Yellow to be more efficient. That's the pairing that works best for me, but both work well.

Actually I just shaved again this time using Gillette silver blue. I was able to do 3 standard passes complete bbs and zero irritation or anything. I think I solved this saga

With the feather ATG pass on neck with the WR2, I find the following things help.

- Pull the skin/stretch as much as possible so it's as taught as you can get it
- Try riding the cap as much as possible so it's less scraping and more tight-angle cutting.
- Minimal pressure/force in sensitive areas. If it's not cutting, don't force the feather blade, give up. I find other milder blades are better at this and buffing in general.
- Optional - Soften the skin/stubble with pre-shave oil. I used to think the whole concept was BS / snake oil until recently, but I find it works in tough areas.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I have 4 Wolfman razors 2 WR2 1.05 sb, 1.35 DC. 2 WR1 .74 OC and .90 OC.
The only blade that I don’t like using in my Wolfman razor is a Feather blade. I have in the past used a Feather but a bit harsh around my neck area. Feather are great blades but “horses for courses” is my motto.

Strange discovery I did a shave with brand new gsb and it was pretty much nice bbs shave. Shave number 2 with the same blade was aweful. Shave number 3 with new gsb was again a nice bbs shave. What’s going on here I need a brand new blade for every shave?

Strange discovery I did a shave with brand new gsb and it was pretty much nice bbs shave. Shave number 2 with the same blade was aweful. Shave number 3 with new gsb was again a nice bbs shave. What’s going on here I need a brand new blade for every shave?
Is it possible you were dehydrated the day of shave 2? I think when I’m dehydrated I have a rough shave as my skin is drier and more sensitive. Just a theory.

I've been using 7-O-Clock Yellow in both my Wolfmans, WR1 .86 and a WR2 1.45, and they have worked very well. Fantastic shaves with no drama.
Imagepipe_32.jpg
Imagepipe_31.jpg

Top Bottom