What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

I had been waiting for my Nacets from Jordan for over a month now. No big deal, I had Bic Chromes to use. They work in everything except the R41. For some reason they leave something to be desired in the smoothness department.

Today is the big day! The Nacets arrived and I promptly loaded my R41 with one.

The combination almost had me in tears (of joy)! It can't be that good! I was shaving with the carelessness of using a safety bar Merkur only so much deeper.

1 and 3/4 passes. All it took. The after shave might as well be water, I didn't feel anything.

Impressed, sometimes the hardware clicks together to elevate the experience. YMMV and all, but I suggest people try this.

Phoenix Shaving Fakelite OC Slant
Silverloaf Brass Handle
Voskhod
Phoenix Shave Fakelite Silverloaf brass.JPG

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled Handle
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (Egypt) (2)
Brush: Razorock Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: StIrling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No irritation: 5
No nicks or cuts: 4.5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Rating: 9.75/10

Second blade second shave.

The combo produced a BBS shave result. Even though I lightened up quite a bit, I did create a nick. This blade is of the very sharp but smooth camp. I may buy a few more so I can build a technique around it. It may also be a better fit for the Mamba 0.53 or the Mamba 0.70 than the EJ 3ONE6.

More info on the tests can be found at the link below:

Quest for a better shave

YMMV

1960's plastic handle Tech and a BIC Chrome Platinum. First time using this razor and it feels very mild! I don't think the light plastic handle helps so I'll be trying it with a heavy handle on my next shave.
Were you expecting a later Tech to not be very mild? If you can measure the thickness of the bottom plate we could tell if it is an earlier model (1967-70) or post 1970. Another sign is to look for date code on the bottom plate. If you have the pre-1970 plastic handle, it is not the mildest one.

I had been waiting for my Nacets from Jordan for over a month now. No big deal, I had Bic Chromes to use. They work in everything except the R41. For some reason they leave something to be desired in the smoothness department.

Today is the big day! The Nacets arrived and I promptly loaded my R41 with one.

The combination almost had me in tears (of joy)! It can't be that good! I was shaving with the carelessness of using a safety bar Merkur only so much deeper.

1 and 3/4 passes. All it took. The after shave might as well be water, I didn't feel anything.

Impressed, sometimes the hardware clicks together to elevate the experience. YMMV and all, but I suggest people try this.
(Note to self: Put a Nacet in the R41)
Thanks for the great post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 Knurled Handle
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (Egypt) (2)
Brush: Razorock Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Lather: StIrling Soap Co Naked & Smooth
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No irritation: 5
No nicks or cuts: 4.5
Closeness: 5
Smoothness: 5

Rating: 9.75/10

Second blade second shave.

The combo produced a BBS shave result. Even though I lightened up quite a bit, I did create a nick. This blade is of the very sharp but smooth camp. I may buy a few more so I can build a technique around it. It may also be a better fit for the Mamba 0.53 or the Mamba 0.70 than the EJ 3ONE6.

More info on the tests can be found at the link below:

Quest for a better shave

YMMV
I found the Bolzano like you described it. I ended up purchasing,I think it was about 40 or 50 of them acoupleofyearsago. They were made in Germany.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Were you expecting a later Tech to not be very mild? If you can measure the thickness of the bottom plate we could tell if it is an earlier model (1967-70) or post 1970. Another sign is to look for date code on the bottom plate. If you have the pre-1970 plastic handle, it is not the mildest one.

No, I was just surprised at how mild it was (the light handle probably doesn't help and makes it feel milder as well). It's a made in England, no date code base plate which I believe puts it as a pre-1970 model.

Top Bottom